[Blueboard] Invitation to be part of Earth Hour 2019 Campaign

FMO Comcen [FMO] comcen.fmo at ateneo.edu
Fri Mar 1 08:56:22 +08 2019

[image: FMO Email Header-01.png]
Date                :

Memo to          :        The University Community

>From               :         Arch. Michael M. Canlas

                                 Director

Subject            :        Invitation to be part of Earth Hour 2019
Campaign

The WWF-Philippines (World Wildlife Fund for Nature) through a letter sent
to the University President is inviting everyone to join this year's Earth
Hour scheduled on March 30, 2019 from 8:30 to 9:30 pm. This year,
Earth Hour encourages
everyone to participate and signify pledges to ensure a living planet for
generations to come. *Earth Hour 2019* will highlight why nature matters
and how everyone can begin a sustainable journey towards achieving a future
where single-use plastics no longer harm our planet."

In line with this, we would like to invite the community to be a partner of
Earth Hour 2019 and continue to help broaden public participation in this
year's celebration.  In particular, we would like to invite and encourage
all to:

   1. Switch off non-essential lights, equipment, signs, and power devices
   during this global 'lights out' event on March 30 at 8:30 pm for one hour.
   Extend invitation to your families and friends to join.
   - As for the University's own efforts, the LUXID InfoBoard and
      non-essential building and street lights in all campuses will be turned
      off. Also, ongoing construction works will be temporarily suspended.
      2. Promote the Earth Hour 2019 to your officers, staff, employees and
   constituents.
   3. Document your own Earth Hour event and send to CFMO (
   comcen.fmo at ateneo.edu). We shall upload the photos online to showcase
   endeavors in celebrating Earth Hour in our campuses.
   4. Pledge to go "Beyond the Hour" and be a climate Champion by publicly
   promoting renewed ways/practices/programs of initiating change, which can
   include environmental projects/actions that the offices and  individuals
   are willing to undertake throughout the year.

Thank you and we hope for everyone's utmost cooperation and support of this
campaign.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, is only
intended for the use of the addressee. It may contain confidential or

Data privacy issues should be directed to the University Data
Protection Office at the following contact information: questions or
clarifications (info.udpo at ateneo.edu <mailto:info.udpo at ateneo.edu>);
complaints or security incidents involving personal data
(alert.udpo at ateneo.edu <mailto:alert.udpo at ateneo.edu>).