[Blueboard] University Way of the Cross 2019

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:25:50 +08 2019

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           University Way of the Cross 2019

It has been a tradition during Lent to gather the entire University
community to ponder the meaning of Christ’s love and self-offering through
the Way of the Cross.

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I wish to invite all the members of our
community (i.e. students, faculty, staff, administrators, parents, and
alumni) to the *University Way of the Cross *on *Friday, 8 March 2019* at
the Loyola Heights campus. Our liturgical celebration will be led by the
Ateneo de Manila Junior and Senior High School.

This year’s theme is *“ANG DAAN NG KRUS: KANLUNGAN NG AWA”* (The Ateneo de
Manila University Community Way of the Cross & Penitential Rite).  The
theme takes inspiration from the homily of Pope Francis during the
Concluding Mass of World Youth Day 2019 in Panama. There he invited young
people to allow Jesus’ merciful love to enter and win over their hearts.

*“He is concrete, close, real love. He is festive joy, born of opting for
and taking part in the miraculous draught of hope and charity, solidarity
and fraternity, despite the paralyzed and paralyzing gaze born of fear and
exclusion, speculation and manipulation.”*

We shall begin our Via Crucis with the celebration of the Holy Eucharist,
followed by the actual Via, and end with a Penitential Service. Kindly
refer to the following schedule and venue details:

3:45 pm

Assembly

St. Stanislaus Kostka Chapel

4:00 pm

Mass

St. Stanislaus Kostka Chapel

4:45 pm

University Way of the Cross

Promenade, Ateneo Junior High School

6:45 pm

Penitential Service

Bellarmine Field

The Way of the Cross provides a collective and participative reflection on
God’s mystery of love and mercy as revealed through the Cross of Christ and
the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

We hope to see you with us walking together as a community in prayer. May
this season of Lent draw our hearts closer to God through a deep experience
of his forgiving love.

ad majorem Dei gloriam,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City 1108
Philippines
Tel No: 63 (02) 426 6001
Fax No: 63 (02) 426 6079

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, is only
intended for the use of the addressee. It may contain confidential or

Data privacy issues should be directed to the University Data
Protection Office at the following contact information: questions or
clarifications (info.udpo at ateneo.edu <mailto:info.udpo at ateneo.edu>);
complaints or security incidents involving personal data
(alert.udpo at ateneo.edu <mailto:alert.udpo at ateneo.edu>).