[Blueboard] Resolution of CBA deadlock

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Tue Mar 6 15:30:53 +08 2018

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Resolution of CBA deadlock

This is to inform the community that on 27 February 2018 in the presence of
the Secretary of Labor and Employment Silvestre H. Bello III, the Ateneo
Employees and Workers Union (AEWU), represented by its officers, and I,
together with the University administration panel, signed the agreed-on
provisions of the remaining two years of the 2014-2019 CBA. This agreement
came about as both parties worked to refine the proposal that the
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) put forward on 14 February 2018.
The details are as follows:

At the recommendation of DOLE, a separate memorandum of agreement was
entered into by both parties to set up a social welfare fund of Php 1.5M.
This fund will be used for educational assistance and other similar
purposes that may be extended to union members and their dependents. AEWU
agreed to use this fund judiciously and submit an annual report to the
University in the spirit of transparency.

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I thank the DOLE and its
mediators/conciliators from the Regional Conciliation and Mediation
Board-National Capital Region (RCMB-NCR) who tirelessly accompanied the
University until the conclusion of this negotiation. I am also deeply
grateful to the University community for your continued prayers and support
all throughout this process. I would like to assure you that the University
remains committed to ensuring justice and fairness, while serving the
common good in our shared mission of education.

ad majorem Dei gloriam,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City 1108
Philippines
Tel No: 63 (02) 426 6001
Fax No: 63 (02) 426 6079

--

------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including those in its attachments, is
intended for the use of the person/s it is addressed to. It may contain
personal data, or information that is confidential or privileged, which are
protected from unauthorized use or disclosure by law. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be aware that printing, copying, dissemination,
distribution, disclosure, forwarding of, or acting in reliance upon the
information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
and permanently delete it, including any attachments, from your system.
Unless otherwise indicated, the contents of this email and/or its
attachments do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Ateneo
de Manila University, its personnel, or its students.

If you have questions or clarifications regarding any matter relating to
data protection, you may write to the University Data Protection Office at
info.udpo at ateneo.edu. You may also file a complaint or report a security
incident involving personal data by writing to: alert.udpo at ateneo.edu.