[Blueboard] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
salve at observatory.ph
Thu Jan 11 18:22:37 +08 2018
The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with
research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the
Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based
approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its
principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
*PROJECT ASSISTANT IV*
Employment Type: Full Time
PROJECT TITLE: DETECTING TROPICAL CYCLONES IN A DOWNSCALED REGIONAL CLIMATE
MODEL FOR CORDEX-SEA PROJECT
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on tropical cyclone climatology over
the western North Pacific basin including methods of analyses, numerical
model advances and challenges
- Assist in gathering, preparing and archiving observation and
reanalysis data of tropical cyclones in the western North Pacific basin
- Assist in characterizing TC climatology in the SEACLID/CORDEX-SEA
domain from observations, reanalyses data and CORDEX-SEA model output
- Assist in simulating multi-scale characteristics of TCs by tuning the
domain size and model resolution using a regional climate model
- Assist in simulating and analyzing future projections of TC activity
in the Western North Pacific, focusing over the Philippine Area of
responsibility, using available downscaled regional climate from the
SEACLID/CORDEX-SEA project as forcing
- Prepare analyses outputs including climatological maps of TC tracks,
frequency, and intensity
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports, presentations, and
- Masters degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics,
preferably physics or atmospheric science
- Proficient in data analysis and scientific computing (including Linux,
programming and scripting languages)
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in
preparing technical scientific reports
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma,
Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including
their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to hr at observatory.ph, with
“Applicant- Project Assistant IV (B)” as subject.
For more information about the institution, you can visit our website:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard