[Blueboard] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
salve at observatory.ph
Thu Jan 11 16:11:37 +08 2018
The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with
research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the
Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based
approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its
principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
*SENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT*
Employment Type: Full Time
PROJECT TITLE: ACCESS TO SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN THE PHILIPPINES (ASEP)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on climate change and renewable
- Assist in gathering, preparing and archiving ground-based and
remotely-sensed observation data of meteorological variables (wind, solar,
rainfall) over the Philippines
- Conduct historical analysis to establish a baseline climatology in the
Philippines, particularly at the *country-level*
- Conduct future climate change analysis (wind, solar, rainfall)
(country-level) using output from the regional climate modeling
- Assist in the creation of the Renewable Energy Atlas for the
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports, presentations, and
- Bachelor of Science degree with Master of Science units in science,
technology, engineering or mathematics, preferably physics or atmospheric
- Experience with data analysis and scientific computing (including
Linux, programming and scripting languages) would be an advantage
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in
preparing technical scientific reports
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma,
Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including
their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to hr at observatory.ph, with
“Applicant- Senior Research Assistant (B)” as subject.
For more information about the institution, you can visit our website:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard