[Blueboard] 16 September 2017 - Launch of the MartialLawMuseum.ph

Arjan P. Aguirre aaguirre at ateneo.edu
Fri Sep 8 17:25:20 +08 2017

I am pleased to invite you to attend the launch of the MartialLawMuseum.ph
on 16 September 2017, Saturday, 830am-12nn, at the Escaler Hall, Ateneo de
Manila University.

The MartialLawMuseum.ph is a communal response that aims to counter
historical revisionism by having an online presence that will feature works
of art, lectures, essays, teaching resources, among others, curated from
artists, experts, scholars, researchers, teachers and students. The
initiative will operate according to the following principles: *mag-aral*,
*magturo* and *manindigan*. In time for the 45th year of the declaration of
martial law, the activity will be themed as *Laban para sa Katotohanan:
Launch of the Martial Law Museum*.

Please join us in our discussion of historical revisionism and the need to
counter this problem in the age of new media.

We have invited Dr. Ma. Serena I. Diokno, Professor at the Department of
History, University of the Philippines, to give the keynote message. She
will be joined by Br. Armin A. Luistro, FSC, President of the De La Salle
Philippines for a short message. The Dean of the School Social Sciences,
Ateneo de Manila University, Dr. Fernando T. Aldaba will give the opening
remarks and the University President, Fr. Jose Ramon T. Villarin, SJ will
address the closing ceremony. The activity will be attended by
representatives from our partner institutions, students and fellow
educators from various schools in the country.

Please confirm your attendance on or before 14 September 2017 through the
link below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-mmzDM0XbMSl9iqeJ
Hte82xFydM4BHrUn9u9Ip4e2SrzUmg/viewform

Thank you very much!

Warm regards,
Mr. Arjan P. Aguirre
Administrator
MartialLawMuseum.ph

--
*Mr. Arjan P. Aguirre, M.A.*
Instructor, Department of Political Science