[Blueboard] 2017 CARES Osaka Tour

Japanese Studies Program [LS] japanese.soss at ateneo.edu
Sat Sep 2 10:47:29 +08 2017

Dear Everyone,

I was approached by our partners in Kansai University, in cooperation with
the Osaka Prefecture Government, who are trying to encourage more students
to do their studies in the three public universities:

Osaka University <http://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en>
Osaka City University <http://www.osaka-cu.ac.jp/en>
Kansai University <http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/English/>

<https://drive.google.com/a/ateneo.edu/file/d/0B3IdgByB3Na7VUxEVjBMQmhUR01KbGlKM01rR3ZHY3MxT3hz/view?usp=drive_web>
To do this, they are setting up a for-pay tour which (1) brings interested
participants to the the different universities, and (2) meet up with
potential faculty.

 Visit Osaka UV, Kansai UV & Osaka City UV(1).pdf
<https://drive.google.com/a/ateneo.edu/file/d/0B3IdgByB3Na7VUxEVjBMQmhUR01KbGlKM01rR3ZHY3MxT3hz/view?usp=drive_web>

This is an experiment by the Osaka Prefecture Government, and for me, i was
thinking that our faculty might be interested to pair this with a future
application to the MEXt scholarship which can strengthen the applicant's
proposal if they are able to meet with a potential adviser.  Furthermore,
this can also be for senior faculty who are looking for hosting
institutions during their research fellowships or sabbaticals.

Take note that they are limiting the slots to 25 participants only, on a
first come first serve basis.  The information is in the PDF attached with
this email.  Furthermore, there are contact information for inquiries.
(Please see this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0UX58BKZgYIdVQxeHM3eHdlbGs)

If you have other questions or concerns, you can also email me.

Sincerely,

Karl Ian Uy Cheng Chua
Director
Japanese Studies Program