[Blueboard] Fr Francisco M Perez SJ, 89

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Thu May 25 17:08:23 +08 2017

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Fr Francisco M Perez SJ, 89

​

It is with sadness that we inform the University community of the passing
away of Fr Francisco M Perez SJ, beloved teacher and mentor for half a
century. Fr Kiko returned to our Creator in the morning of 25 May 2017. He
was 89 years old.

The breadth of Fr Kiko’s experiences and interests reveal a person who
constantly found joy in God’s many gifts. He was a guerilla then a pilot
for the US Army during WWII, and he was fond of telling his students that
he found his priestly vocation while in the forests of the Sierra Madre
mountains. He studied medicine and biology; taught physics, chemistry and
computer education; practiced and guided others in *tai chi* and *qi gong*;
was interested in parapsychology and photography; and kept a butterfly farm
at the Jesuit Residence.

Fr Kiko entered the Sacred Heart Novitiate in 1950 and was ordained to the
priesthood in 1963. Apart from the years required for tertianship and
graduate studies, he spent his entire priestly life in the Ateneo de Manila
University, 44 years of which were given in service to the Ateneo High
School.

The wake will be at the Oratory of St Ignatius, Loyola House of Studies
starting Friday, 26 May 2017. Daily wake masses will be at 8:00pm. The
Funeral Mass will be on Monday, 29 May at 8:00am, also at the Oratory of St
Ignatius, followed by his interment at the Sacred Heart Novitiate Jesuit
Cemetery in Novaliches.

We request the Ateneo community to keep Fr Francisco M Perez SJ, his
family, and his Jesuit brothers in your prayers.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

*Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord, that the soul of Thy servant Francisco,
Thy priest, whom in this life Thou didst honor with the sacred office, may
rejoice in the glory of heaven for evermore. Through Christ our Lord.*

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City 1108