[Blueboard] NOW HIRING: Librarian at the Rizal Library, Loyola Schools
Careers in Ateneo
careers.hrmod at ateneo.edu
Wed May 10 16:07:39 +08 2017
Rizal Library, Loyola Schools
Under the direct supervision of a Section Head, the Librarian assists in
planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the activities and
operations of the Sections.
1. Administrative Support
· Collaborates with other sections, offices, organizations,
associations--whether inside or outside the university--regarding library
operations and information services, as well as information literacy.
· Provides assistance in the development and updates of the
section's operations manual
· Maintains silence and order, within the assigned area, in
particular, and within the library, in general.
· Monitors closely the returning and borrowing of books to prevent
vandalism and mutilation of the same.
· Facilitates the preparation of administrative reports such as:
o Budget reports
o Periodic statistical reports
o Annual Activity reports
2. Support for the Library Technical Services
· Performs tasks related to library technical services, including
but not limited to the following by:
o cataloging and classifying library materials;
o maintaining an accurate, up-to-date database of library holdings;
o physically processing items being added to and withdrawn from the
· Prepares bibliographies and guides, as well as other
instructional and research tools, to enhance access to materials.
· Performs archival work related to the long-term preservation and
provision of access to special collections
3. Orientation and Facilitation
· Conducts orientations for library users and, upon request of
faculty and other schools, provides lectures on available library resources.
· Conducts Reader’s Advisory Services – Directs readers to likely
to contain information pertinent to their research interests.
· Provides possible sources of information, including on-the-spot
instructions related to the use of the more difficult library uses, and
directs readers to materials (print, non-print, electronic) likely to
contain information pertinent to their research interests.
· Performs all other tasks as deemed necessary by the Director.
1. Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science
2. Licensed Librarian
3. At least 1 year work experience in a library setting
4. Exhibits good inter-personal skills
5. Has initiative and commitment
Interested applicants must submit the following:
I. Letter of intent addressed to the HR Director duly endorsed by your
· why you want to apply for the position
· why you think you are qualified for the position
· what you can contribute to the office if you were hired in this
II. Letter of Recommendation from the following: (see attached
· Immediate Supervisor
· Professional References
The above stated documents, along with your updated resume, must be
submitted on or before 17 May 2017 to:
Mrs. Mila R. Sandoval
HR Officer II
Workforce Planning and Capability Development
Office of Human Resource Management and Organization
*Workforce Planning & Capability Development*
*Office of Human Resource Management & Organization Development*
*4266001 loc. 4156*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard