[Blueboard] May Health Bulletin- Safe Motherhood

Policy Development and HR Relations [HRMOD] hr.relations.hrmod at ateneo.edu
Wed May 3 14:50:22 +08 2017

Sharing Lacson & Lacson's May Health Bulletin: Safe Motherhood
​​----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------

Every pregnant woman hopes for a healthy baby and an uncomplicated
pregnancy. However, every day, about 1,500 women and adolescent girls die
from problems related to pregnancy and childbirth.

The risks of childbearing for the mother and her baby can be greatly
reduced if:
1) a woman is healthy and well nourished before becoming pregnant;
2) she has regular maternity care by a trained health worker at least four
times during every pregnancy;
3) the birth is assisted by a skilled birth attendant, such as a doctor,
nurse or midwife;
4) she and her baby have access to specialized care if there are
complications; and
5) she and her baby are checked regularly during the 24 hours after
childbirth, in the first week, and again six weeks after giving birth.

This May, we wish to share with you our health bulletin focusing about *Safe
Motherhood *as part of our preventive care management.