[Blueboard] Call for DONATIONS for ACED Blueplate Kitchen Volunteers

Jhoel P. Loanzon jloanzon at ateneo.edu
Wed Jan 25 11:52:09 PHT 2017

The *Ateneo Center for Educational Development (ACED)* marks its 20th year
of working with public elementary and high schools in the country. To
celebrate this milestone, a thanksgiving program *Ika-20 Taong Selebrasyon
ng ACED: Isang Pagpupugay at Pasasalamat sa Samahang Matibay at Tapat *will
be held on* Saturday, March 11, 2017*.  The occasion will also serve as the
culminating activity for this school year’s Blueplate Feeding Program. The
highlight of this event is giving recognition to our feeding program
volunteers for their dedication and support.

Although ACED’s work focuses on improving the academic performance of
children in public schools, the need to feed hungry schoolchildren has
stood out as an important undertaking. Clearly, hungry schoolchildren
cannot learn.

The Blueplate for Better Learning Feeding Program was founded to develop a
large scale comprehensive feeding program that will help reduce rates of
malnutrition, stunting, and wasting among public school children. One of
the remarkable achievements of this program is the formulation of low-cost,
nutritious meals for the children (P11.50/meal/child).  Currently, the
Blueplate Feeding Program has close to 20,000 beneficiaries under its care.

Meals are made available everyday because of our dependable volunteers who
share their time and effort. These volunteers from Quezon City, Cainta,
Valenzuela and Camarines Norte report to their respective Blueplate
kitchens 5 days a week as early as 5 a.m. Some of them have been with the
program since it started six years ago. Volunteers take care of their own
transportation.  Other than a free breakfast of pandesal and coffee, they
don’t receive any compensation for their work.

This year, we have about *300 *volunteers from the various feeding areas. In
connection with this, we are requesting your kind assistance to help
provide gift items appropriate for our kitchen volunteers. Your in kind
donations will be given out as door and raffle prizes during the program.

Please submit your donations to the ACED office (Rm301, Faber Hall) by
*Friday*, *February 17, 2017*.  For inquiries regarding this matter and to
arrange for donations pick-up, please feel free to get in touch with Janice
Rivera or Jhoel Loanzon at 4266001 local 4028 or 4026.  You may also reach
them through email: jrivera at ateneo.edu or jloanzon at ateneo.edu.

Thank you very much for being part of this momentous event and may God
always bless you abundantly for your kindness.

Sincerely,

*DR. CARMELA C. ORACION*

Executive Director, Ateneo Center for Educational Development