[Blueboard] BIR Form No. 2316 for the Calendar Year 2016

Central Accounting Office [CAO] cao at ateneo.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:08:03 PHT 2017

Date:                January 4, 2017

Memo to:          Ateneo de Manila University Employees

From:               Central Accounting Office

Subject  :           *Certificate of Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld*

                        *(BIR Form No. 2316 for the Calendar Year 2016)*

Please be informed that our office will release your Certificate of
Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld (BIR Form No. 2316) on *January 10, 2017*.
May we request you to *VERIFY/REVIEW* the certificate.  After verification,
employees who are qualified for a “Substituted Filing” of Annual Income Tax
Return *MUST* submit the verified, signed and completed BIR Form No. 2316
to our office on or before *January 21, 2017.*

“Substituted filing” applies only if all of the following requirements are
present:

·         the employee receives purely compensation income (regardless of
amount) during the taxable year

·         the employee receives the income only from one employer in the
Philippines during the taxable year

·         the amount of tax due from the employee at the end of the year
equals the amount of tax withheld by the employer

·         if married, the employee’s spouse also complies with all 3
conditions stated above.

BIR Form 2316 will be released at the following venues:

·         CAO-Main Office, Window 5, Room 205 Faber Hall – for Loyola
Schools, ASOG, & Support Units

·         CAO Satellite Office at GS Admin Building – for GS

·         CAO Satellite Office at HS Admin Building – for JHS, SHS & OVPBE

·         CAO Satellite Office at APS Building, Makati City – for Law
School, GSB, APSL

·         CAO Satellite Office at ASMPH, Pasig City – for ASMPH

Please be advised that only completed forms will be accepted and these must
be submitted to CAO before the deadline.  Your compliance will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you very much.

Very truly yours,

Josefina F. Marasigan

Head, Payroll Section