[Blueboard] Call For Entries!
Dit G. Sablan
esablan at admu.edu.ph
Fri Feb 24 20:15:35 PHT 2017
*Nominations to the 11th Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards are now being
1. *Spirituality*. Books that serve and deepen prayer life, edify
spiritual growth and give guidance and light to a real Christian life,
including works in prayers, meditations, lives of saints and the likes.
2. *Ministry*. Books that illustrate or document the varied forms of
Christian ministry in the Philippines, including faith-based advocacies,
social/civic apostolate and projects.
3. *Theology*. Books that aid study of and reflection on Catholic
Christian faith and doctrine, including works in Scriptures, Patristic,
Christology, Church and Morals.
4. *Liturgy*. Books that provide study and reflection on Sacraments,
Worship Ministries and Devotion.
5. *Homiletics*. Books written to aid pastors, resource speakers and
church leaders in their study of the Word. These are usually a set of
exegesis and personal reflections based on Weekday and Sunday readings.
They benefit those seeking for a more comprehensive scriptural insight
needed for their ministerial duties and apostolic work.
6. *Family Life*. Books that promote the value of the domestic church,
including true to life stories about parenting, family relationships,
struggles and accomplishments.
7. *Inspirational*. Books which uplift the spirit. They either contain
inspiring stories of people or serve as resource materials for
meditation. They influence the mind to reach a new level of
understanding, which leads one to greater self-knowledge and deeper
communion with God.
8. *Children*. Books with appealing visuals that give values formation
to children ages 12 and below including stories of faith, virtues,
morals, heroic deeds, and special children’s documented activities.
9. *Youth*. Books that give values formation to young individuals ages
13 and above including stories of faith, virtues, morals, heroic deeds,
and special youth documented activities.
10. *E-Books (Electronic Books)*. Books covering the different
categories above but made available in digital form consisting of text,
images, or both, readable on computers or other electronic devices.
_*Special Category: Lifetime Achievement Award *__
Awarded to a Catholic writer whose lifework represents a continuing
contribution to the propagation of the Christian Faith through the print
media, in recognition of the exemplary Catholic life and apostolic zeal
as reflected in the Christian values and ideals contained in his/her
*_Award Nomination and Submission Guidelines_:**
1. Books authored by a local (Philippine-based) Catholic writer and
published by a local Catholic publisher, printed from June 1, 2016 to
April 30, 2017 will be considered for evaluation. Entries must be
published for the first time during this period. A previous entry cannot
be nominated again. Compiled or edited books will not be accepted.
2. For the E-Books Category, the following additional guidelines apply:
a. The E-Book must not have been published in print form.
b. The publishing date must be shown in the E-Book.
c. The E-Book must be available for sale online; a link to the
online bookstore must be specified.
d. The entry must be endorsed by a member of the ACCI who will
certify that all requirements have been met.
3. Entries may be submitted by any person or organization wishing to
direct the attention of the Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. (ACCI) to
a noteworthy book. A person or organization may submit more than one
entry in each category.
4. Fill out two (2) copies of the entry form.
5. Prepare three (3) copies of the nominated book. For E-Books, entries
must be in PDF format, saved in three (3) USB flash drives. Entries will
not be returned.
6. Prepare nomination fee of PHP3,000.00 per title. Nomination fee is
non-refundable. Check payment should be payable to: Asian Catholic
7.*Submit entries and pay nomination fee to: *
Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards Secretariat
c/o Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc.
Sonolux Bldg., Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. DL (632) 927-9659 or TL (632) 426-5971 loc 121
(Dit Sablan) or 112 (Alice Bartlett)
E-mail: cardinalsincatholicbookawards at gmail.com
8. *Deadline for submission of entries: May 31, 2017*
9. The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
10. The CSCBA Trophy is awarded to a winning entry that scores 90% and
above while a Special Citation Plaque is awarded to a winning entry that
scores below 90%.
11. Finalists will receive certificates and will be invited to the
Awards Ceremonies to be held this September 13, 2017 during the 38th
Manila International Book Fair. (Other details will be announced later).
Visit Jesuit Communications atwww.jescom.ph
Like us on facebook
Dit G. Sablan
426-5971 loc. 121
“Dont wish it were easier, Wish you were BETTER
Dont wish for fewer problems, Wish for more SKILLS
Dont wish for less challenges, Wish for more WISDOM ”
- Earl Shaof
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 54826 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ateneo.edu/pipermail/blueboard/attachments/20170224/2dd9f810/attachment-0001.jpe
More information about the Blueboard