[Blueboard] Ongoing negotiations on collective bargaining agreement (CBA)

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:10:56 +08 2017

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Ongoing negotiations on collective
bargaining agreement (CBA)

Last 20 June 2017, I met the panels of the University Administration and
the Union at their first meeting. I acknowledged members of both panels,
shared with them the common mission of the Ateneo, and expressed the desire
that they arrive at an agreement beneficial and acceptable to all.

The present negotiations deal with the last two years (2017-2018) of the
current CBA signed by both panels on 19 December 2014. Both panels have
submitted their proposals. Because of some differences, both panels met
with the National Conciliation and Mediation Board (NCMB) of the Department
of Labor and Employment (DOLE). The meetings of both panels have resumed
with technical assistance from the NCMB.

In the course of the ongoing negotiations, you may hear about the
sentiments of the panels or read updates on certain related issues. These
expressions are provided for within appropriate venues.

I enjoin the University community to pray that the efforts of both panels
result in a judicious agreement for the good of all.

Thank you.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University