[Blueboard] RINGING OF THE GESU BELLS

Rita S. De Villa rdevilla at ateneo.edu
Thu Aug 24 11:00:39 +08 2017

August 24, 2017

Feast of St. Bartholomew, Apostle

TO       : UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

RE       : RINGING OF THE GESU BELLS

FROM  : UNIVERSITY CHAPLAIN

 Most Reverend Honesto F. Ongtioco, D.D., Bishop of the Diocese of Cubao,
has recently issued a message condemning the *“recent spate of killings
that has been happening in our country.” *He has asked all parishes to ring
their church bells every 8:00 PM for 5 minutes starting August 22 until
August 29.

 The University Church of the Gesu bells will be rung tonight at 8:24 PM
for 5 minutes to remember the recent killing of 17-year old student Kian
Loyd delos Santos. Starting tomorrow until September 8, the Feast of the
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Gesu bells will be rung at 8 PM
for 5 minutes and the Angelus Bell at 12 NN for 10 minutes.

 I call on all the Heads of the Campus Ministry Offices and our Unit
Chaplains to offer prayers at all our Masses starting today until September
8 for the “*repose of those who have died in this war, for the strength of
their families, for the perseverance of those recovering from addiction and
the conversion of families.*” (cf. August 20 statement of Luis Antonio G.
Cardinal Tagle, Archbishop of Manila) and for *“justice for the victims;
peace in our country; and enlightenment for all Filipinos to preserve the
sanctity of life.”* (cf. August 22 Message of Bishop Ongtioco).

 May the Holy Spirit guide and strengthen us during these turbulent times.

 In our Lord,

Norberto Ma. L. Bautista, SJ

University Chaplain