[Blueboard] [UPDATED] Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or Work Due to Inclement Weather Conditions and Other Weather Disturbances
Vice President for Administration [VPA]
vpadmin at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 8 10:27:50 +08 2017
[image: Inline image 1]
Date : 7 August 2017
Memo to : The University Community
>From : (Sgd.) Fr. Nemesio S. Que, SJ
Subject : Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or Work Due to Inclement
Weather Conditions and Other Weather Disturbances
With the onset of the rainy season, I wish to remind the community of the
following protocol to be followed regarding suspension of classes and/or
1. On Suspension of Classes
1. Automatic Suspension
As prescribed by the President of the Philippines through Executive Order
No. 66, s. 2012* the following shall take effect depending on the Public
Storm Warning Signal (PSWS) raised by PAGASA:
classes at the *pre-school level*, in the affected area, shall be
automatically cancelled or suspended
classes at the pre-school, *elementary and secondary levels*, in the
affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended
Signal #3 or higher
classes at pre-school, elementary, secondary, and *tertiary levels*, in the
affected area, including graduate school, shall be automatically cancelled
In the event that PAGASA does not raise a PSWS, local chief executives may
implement localized cancellation or suspension of classes.
When Automatic Suspension of Classes applies, parents, students and
not* wait for an official announcement from the University. Nevertheless,
the University Communication and Public Relations Office (UCPRO) will post
announcements through the University’s official channels.
1. During inclement weather conditions and other weather disturbances
(e.g. intense rain, serious flooding, etc.) when Automatic Suspension of
Classes *does not apply*, the following shall be responsible for
suspending classes for their respective units:
· AGS Headmaster - Ateneo Grade School
· AJHS Principal - Ateneo Junior High School
· ASHS Principal - Ateneo Senior High School
· VP for the Loyola Schools - Loyola Schools
· Respective Deans - Ateneo Professional Schools
For non-automatic suspension of classes, the UCPRO will get in touch with
unit heads for the decision to suspend classes.
1. Official University announcements will only come from the UCPRO.
Official forms of Announcements:
· Pre-recorded announcement in the Ateneo trunk line (activated by
the Central-Facilities Management Office in coordination with UCPRO)
· University InfoBoard SMS (text message)
· Facebook and Twitter posts via official Ateneo accounts
· Bulletin on the Ateneo website
· Email memo via the Blueboard mailing list
· Message on the LUXID (LED) InfoBoard
· Radio and TV advisories
Time of Announcements:
· First Announcement: *10 pm* the previous day; (if no announcement
is made by this time – then the)
· Next Announcement: *4:30 am* the day of the intended cancellation
1. Suspension of classes *includes* suspension of all student activities.
1. On Suspension of Work
1. The Vice President for Administration and/or the Office of Human
Resource Management and Organization Development (OHRMOD) shall be
responsible for suspending work for Staff and Administrators of the Basic
Education Unit, Loyola Schools and Central Administration.
1. The Vice President for the Professional Schools shall be responsible for
suspending work for Staff and Administrators of the Law School,
Graduate School of Business, School of Medicine and Public Health and
School of Government.
1. Suspension of work *includes* suspension of all activities in campus.
1. In all instances that work has been suspended, the Central Facilities
Management Office (CFMO) together with unit facilities management offices
and the Campus Safety and Mobility Office (CSMO) shall designate
force to ensure safety, security and orderliness in campus.
Again, I pray that everyone keeps safe in times when classes and work have
been suspended. Everyone’s safety and welfare is the University’s utmost
** Here's the link for the PDF file of this memo (
*https://goo.gl/x1RGhR )* and Executive
Order No. 66, s. 2012 ( *https://goo.gl/6KJVZ4 )
Office of the VP for Administration
Ateneo de Manila University
426 6001 ext 4200
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: VPA Email Header.png
Size: 13781 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ateneo.edu/pipermail/blueboard/attachments/20170808/778658fc/attachment-0001.png
More information about the Blueboard