[Blueboard] Ka-FIESTA-han: A Celebration of Hispanic Heritage in the Philippines

Department of Modern Languages [LS] modernlanguages.soh at ateneo.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:31:05 +08 2017

Dear colleagues:

The Department of Modern Languages of the School of Humanities, through a
grant from the Commission on Higher Education, and in cooperation with the
Embassy of Spain in Manila, is pleased to invite you, your colleagues, and
students to:

*Ka – FIESTA - han:*

*A Celebration of Hispanic Heritage in the Philippines*

to be held on *2 May (Tuesday) at the Leong Hall Auditorium and 3 May
(Wednesday) at the Escaler Hall.*

The conference features a series of lectures by notable experts in Art and
Architecture, Food and Food Culture, Religious Rituals and Festivals,
Fashion, Language, Literature and Music. Please find program below:

*DAY 1 – May 2, 2017 (Tuesday) – Leong Hall Auditorium*

9:30am – 10:00am

Opening Program

10:00am – 11:00am

Lecture 1 – Art and Architecture

Dr. Carlos Gallego, Escuela Taller

Fr. Rene Javellana, SJ

11:00am – 12:00pm

Lecture 2 – Food and Food Culture

Chef Juan Carlos de Terry

Ms. Felice Sta. Maria

2:00pm – 3:30pm

Lecture 3 –  Rituals and Festivals
Dr. Francis Navarro

Dr. Jerry Respeto

3:30pm – 4:30pm

Lecture 4 – Fashion

Mr. Jo Rubio

4:30pm – 6:30pm

Fiesta Procession featuring the image of Our Lady of Aranzazu

College Lane

*DAY 2 – May 3, 2017 (Wednesday) – Escaler Hall*

9:00am – 10:00am

Lecture 5 –  Language

Dr. Teresita Alcántara

10:00am – 11:00am

Lecture 6 –  Literature

Mr. Renán Prado

11:00am – 12:00nn

Lecture 7 –  Music

Ms. Patricia Brillantes

Thank you in advance for your interest and participation. We look forward
to interacting with you at the conference.

--

*Department of Modern Languages *
2nd flr. Horacio Dela Costa bldg.

*Links:*