[Blueboard] Ka-FIESTA-han: Marian Procession at the College Lane

Department of Modern Languages [LS] modernlanguages.soh at ateneo.edu
Sat Apr 22 12:35:24 +08 2017

The Department of Modern Languages invites the whole Ateneo community
to a *procession
of the image of Our Lady of Aranzazu**, as part of Ka-*FIESTA*-han: A
Celebration of Hispanic Heritage in the Philippines**. It will be on* May
2, Tuesday, from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM at the College Lane.*

After an opening program at the brick road (near the jackstone sculptures),
the procession will pass along the College Lane, stopping briefly in front
of the Dela Costa Hall for a short poetry recitation. It will end with the
traditional floral offering and *Salve* inside the college chapel.

We invite everyone to bring flowers to offer to Our Lady as we celebrate
our Filipino tradition of *Flores de Mayo*.

*Halina, halina! Tayo'y mag-alay ng mga bulaklak kay Maria!*

*Devotion to Our Lady of *Aranzazu* was brought to the Philippines by the
Society of Jesus more than 300 years ago.  She is the Patroness of San
Mateo, Rizal.  Her image is scheduled for canonical coronation on May 31
this year.

**This event is made possible through a grant from the Commission on Higher
Education and in cooperation with the Embassy of Spain in the Philippines.

--

*Department of Modern Languages *
2nd flr. Horacio Dela Costa bldg.

*Links:*