[Blueboard] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS/ RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/ ATENEO SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT
Jeanifer D. Aguirre
jaguirre at ateneo.edu
Mon Apr 17 14:41:01 +08 2017
*CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE*
*Unit:* Ateneo School of Government (ASOG)
*Location:* SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan
Ave. Quezon City
*Duration: *Six Months ( subject for renewal )
*Report to: *Dean
*I. Brief Description*
ASOG is the public sector arm of the Ateneo de Manila University whose
long-term mission is to teach and work with effective and ethical public
servants to build prosperous, sustainable, just, and happy communities in
the Philippines empowered by democratic, participatory, transparent, and
accountable governance institutions and processes.
As a graduate school for leadership and public service, ASOG's academic and
executive education programs bridge the gap between the classroom wisdom
and real-world policy decision-making and governance. Through its research
and extension programs, and working with public, private and community
organizations, it develop and foster innovative ideas and approaches that
change the mindsets and systems in such areas as leadership, poverty
eradication, climate change and environment, social accountability, and
*II. Scope of Work*
The Research Associate will assist the Exec Ed Director in implementing
project/s, particularly in the development, implementation, and evaluation
of training activities. The work will also include substantial proposal,
preparation of various types of projects that are being implemented by the
School on various key practice areas.
1. Provide technical assistance to the Director in writing of manuals,
case studies, reports etc.
2. Undertake research work related to the development of the trainers
guide, facilitators guide for the module development;
3. Translate research work into training cases relevant to the module;
4. Assist the ExecEd Director in the implementation of various projects
and programs of the Exec Ed
1. Involved in the pre-design and implementation of specific
activities of the Executive Education Program activities.
2. Perform research-related work in training such as preparation of
training needs assessment and other special research activities.
3. Facilitate the conduct of activities such as seminars, workshops,
4. Spearhead pre-training preparation such as logistics,
5. Spearhead post-training documentation such as liquidations, etc.
Applicants for the Research Associate position must have the following
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Political
Science, Sociology, or any development-related field;
· Strong analytical skills and appreciation of development and economic
· Knowledgeable on the use of statistical software such as STATA and SPSS;
· Graphics presentation skills is an advantage;
· Adept in technical writing (training proposal preparation, training
needs assessment, course module development, project reports, letters,
· Excellent competencies in project management, project monitoring and
evaluation, and marketing capacity building related courses within the
ambit of the ASoG thrust
· Marketing and technology savvy (practical knowledge on the use of Adobe
Photoshop, Power Point, Excel, Online Applications)
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, highly developed
analytical skills is a must
· Has expertise in one of the core areas of the Executive Education
Program (governance, politics, learning and development, Organizational
diagnosis, environment-[climate change, DRRM], economic development,
leadership, among others.
All interested applicants must submit the following:
· An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean of
the Ateneo School of Government;
· Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references
(including their emails and contact numbers;
· Sample written work.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to hr.asog at gmail.com
Research Associate”* as subject.
Jeanifer de Castro-Aguirre
Ateneo de Manila University - School of Government
Tel. No. 4266001 local 4626
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard