[Blueboard] AdMU Indigenous Peoples' Week and Advocacy Fair 2016

Office of Student Activities [LS] osa.ls at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:19:15 PHT 2016

In recognition of the National Indigenous People’s month, AdMU will have
its very first Indigenous People’s (IP) week on October 24 to 28 2016. The
IP week will feature a forum, kapihan sessions, a workshop, a cultural
night of dance and music, film showing and IP advocacy fairs.

The IP week was originally inspired by the support and passing of the IP
education system bill- an act institutionalizing Indigenous Peoples’
educational systems. We put prime in education especially when it comes to
issues involving indigenous peoples as it is often mired with political
undertones. However, in light of recent events, we hope that this week will
be that of awareness and action.  May our talks and events not only bring
to light issues that indigenous people face, but also showcase their rich
culture and heritage.

List of activities are as follows:

*IP week Launching with* Rep. Teddy Baguilat Jr.

Topic: Indigenous Peoples national situationer

Oct. 24, 5:00-7:00PM

Rizal Library 5th floor

*Kapihan session* with Judy Pasimio

Topic: Purple action for Indigenous Women’s rights

      Oct. 25 5:00-6:30PM

Aerie Cervini hall

*Lakbay session* with Prof. Mary Racelis and Benny Capuno  Topic: Being in,
and working with rural communities

      Oct. 26 5:00-6:30PM

Faura AVR*

*IP Advocacy workshop* with Fr. Albert Alejo, SJ

Topic: On working with Indigenous People

      Oct. 27 5:00-6:30PM

3 &4 Social Science Conference room

*IP week culminating: cultural night featuring performances and dances*

      Oct. 28 5:00-7:00PM

Cervini field

*Baybayin film showing: Paglipay*

      Oct 17-29

Check tickets for details

*Indigenous People’s week Fair*

      Oct 24-28

LS promenade

We can, as members of the LS community, show support and participate in IP
advocacy. Support IP week on October 24-28!

This project is spearheaded by the Coalition of Ateneans for Indigenous
Peoples  in partnership with Development Society of the Ateneo , Baybayin,
Loyola Mountaineers, Barefoot Philippines, USAD Ateneo de Manila and COA:
Media and the Creative Arts Cluster.