[Blueboard] New Father General

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 17 16:34:02 PHT 2016

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           New Father General

The Society of Jesus is pleased to announce the election of Fr. Arturo Sosa
Abascal as the new Superior General.

Fr. Sosa was born in Caracas, Venezuela, on November 12, 1948. He is the
Delegate of the General for the International Houses and Works of the
Society of Jesus in Rome. He holds a doctoral degree in Political Science
from the Universidad Central de Venezuela. He speaks Spanish, Italian and
English; and understands French.

The Jesuit community would like to thank you for accompanying us with your
prayers in the  36th General Congregation of the Society of Jesus. May the
Lord continue to pour upon us His wisdom as we do our part in the mission.

Jose M Cruz SJ

University Officer-in-Charge and

Vice President for University and Global Relations

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City 1108