[Blueboard] Trainer Training for CHED GE

Office of the Vice President for the Loyola Schools [LS] vployola at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 7 20:39:04 PHT 2016

DATE:

​7​
October 2016

MEMO TO:

The Loyola Schools Community

FROM:

Maria Luz C. Vilches, Ph.D.
Vice President

SUBJECT:

Trainer Training for CHED GE

Under the CHED K-12 Transition Program, Ateneo de Manila University is one
of the delivering

HEIs for the CHED GE Trainer Training Workshops this SY 2016-2017.  In
particular, CHED has

designated for the Loyola Schools to be at the helm in this training for 3
GE courses offered both in

English and Filipino:  *Ethics/Etika; Mathematics in the Modern
World/Matematika sa *

*Makabagong Daigdig; The Life and Works of Rizal/And Buhay at mga Akda ni
Rizal*.

The training facilitators are from our roster of faculty members in the
Loyola Schools:

ETHICS/ETIKA

*from the Department of Philosophy*:  Dr. Antonette Palma-Angeles, Dr.
Manuel B. Dy, Jr.,

Dr. Remmon E. Barbaza, Dr. Jesus Deogracias Z. Principe, Dr. Oscar G.
Bulaong, Jr.,

Mr. Michael Ner E. Mariano, Mr. Dennis O. Temporal, Mr. Albert Lagliva

MATHEMATICS IN THE MODERN WORLD/MATEMATIKA SA MAKABAGONG DAIGDIG

*from the Department of Mathematics:*  Dr. Catherine P. Vistro-Yu, Dr.
Angela Fatima H. Guzon,

Dr. Ma. Alva Q. Aberin, Dr. Flordeliza F. Francisco

THE LIFE AND WORKS OF RIZAL/AND BUHAY AT MGA AKDA NI RIZAL

*from the Department of History*:  Dr. Filomeno V. Aguilar Jr. , Dr.
Francis A. Gealogo

The first set of training takes place from October 10 to October 28, 2016.
Around 200 tertiary

level teachers from different HEIs in the country have signified
participation in this event.

Housed in Microtel Acropolis and Oracle Hotel, they will be part of our
Loyola Schools Campus

community for 3 weeks, mostly in the training sessions located in
classrooms both in LS and

at the Institute of Social Order (ISO).

The training begins with an ORSEM on Monday, 10 October in Leong Hall
Auditorium.  It

includes an orientation to the rationale, content, method, and expectations
of the training;

administrative policies; as well as a campus tour.  The training ends with
graduation ceremonies

on Friday, 28 October.

I would like to thank our ADMU CHED GET PROGRAM COMMITTEE composed of ADSAS

personnel – with Marie Joy R. Salita as Program Coordinator, and
Christopher F. Castillo as

Program Assistant Coordinator – for handing the logistics and coordinating
support for this

training.

By participating in this CHED GE Training, the Loyola Schools hopes to
contribute to the

nationwide effort by CHED to build the capacity of our teachers in
delivering the new GE

courses by 2018.