[Blueboard] TOMORROW: Piña: Its Continuing Relevance

Department of Sociology and Anthropology [LS] socioanthro.soss at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 3 13:36:26 PHT 2016

[image: Inline image 1]

The DSA cordially invites you to the *Traditional University Award Lecture *
on *Piña: Its Continuing Relevance *by Patis Tesoro tomorrow, October 4,
2016 (Tuesday), 11 am - 12:30 pm at Faura AVR.

Known as the Grand Dame of Philippine Fashion, Patis Tesoro has devoted
thirty years of her life to resurrecting the art and use of traditional
Filipino fabrics, most significantly piña cloth. She has brought
Filipiniana designs to our contemporary consciousness and has brought the
beauty of our traditional wear to the attention of the world. In the 1980s,
Patis played a significant role in halting the alarming decline of piña
cloth production in the country, and she continues her role as an advocate
of traditional Philippine textiles by focusing now on reviving the
production of organic Philippine cotton.

Kindly RSVP here: http://bit.ly/2d37nEk
--
*DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY*
1/F Ricardo and Dr. Rosita Leong Hall
Email: socioanthro.soss at ateneo.edu
Phone/Fax: 426-5990 or 426-6001 locals 5270/71
Website: www.dsa-ateneo.net | www.admu.edu.ph/ls/soss/socio-anthro
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ateneosocioanthro