[Blueboard] Repost: Preventive Maintenance of Campus Electrical Grids and Scheduled Power Interruptions

FMO Comcen [FMO] comcen.fmo at ateneo.edu
Fri Jul 8 11:56:53 PHT 2016

Date                :
​8 July​
2016

Memo to          :        The University Community

>From               :         Arch. Michael M. Canlas

                                  Director

Subject            :        Preventive Maintenance of Campus Electrical
Grids and Scheduled Power Interruptions

​As we continue to improve the reliability of the power supply system on
campus, please be advised that we have scheduled preventive maintenance
works in the weekends of July for all our electrical grids (Katipunan,
Barangka, and Balara).

Due to the nature and complexity of the project and prevailing weather
conditions, a maximum of a 24-hour* power interruption during the weekends
when works will be conducted is necessary. Rest assured that CFMO technical
and maintenance personnel will be ready to provide the necessary
assistance (i.e. activation and monitoring of existing generator
systems) during these periods of power interruption. Please refer to the
table below for the schedule:

GRID START END
Katipunan 2 July, Sat (1:00 pm) 3 July, Sun (1:00 pm)
Barangka 9 July, Sat (1:00 pm) 10 July, Sun (1:00 pm)
Balara 16 July, Sat (1:00 pm) 17 July, Sun (1:00 pm)
Contingency (if needed) 23 July, Sat (1:00 pm) 24 July, Sun (1:00 pm)

**Depending on work progress and weather condition, power interruption may
be less than 24 hours.*

Engr. Ron Navarrete ( 09088203287 ) and Mr. Bibot Salinas ( 09216208762 )
will be CFMO point persons for this project.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to having
a more efficient and reliable power supply system on campus.

*List of Affected Bldgs/Areas by grid*

*Katipunan Grid (2 to 3 July)**​*

   - Xavier Hall
   - Faber Hall
   - Gonzaga Hall
   - Berchmans Hall
   - Kostka Hall
   - Matteo Ricci Study Hall
   - Horacio Dela Costa Hall
   - Old Rizal Library
   - New Rizal Library
   - Faura Hall
   - Schmitt Hall (Chemistry Building)
   - Science Education Complex (SEC Building)
   - Dr. Rosita and Ricardo Leong Hall
   - Social Sciences Building
   - MVP Center for Student Leadership (MVP-CSL)
   - John Gokongwei School of Management (JGSOM)
   - John Gokongwei Student Enterprise Center (JSEC)
   - PLDT Convergent Technologies Center (PLDT-CTC)
   - Benigno Mayo Hall
   - Institute of Social Order  (ISO)
      - Walter Hogan Hall
         - John J. Carrol Institute on Church & Social Issues  (JJCICSI)
      - Social Development Complex
      - Center for Community Services (CCS Hall)
      - Frank lynch Hall
      - Hoffner Hall
   - University Dorm (UD)
   - Ateneo Single Faculty Housing
   - Philippine Institute of Pure and Applied Chemistry  (PIPAC)
   - ​Jesuit Health and Wellness Center (JHWC)​

 *Connected to the Katipunan Grid*

   - Ateneo High School
   - Moro Lorenzo Sports Complex (MLSC)
   - East Asian Pastoral Institute (EAPI)
   - Bellarmine Hall
   - Jesuit Residence (JR)
   - Church of Gesu
   - John Pollock Renewal Center
   - ​Ateneo Senior High​
   ​​

​
*Barangka Grid (9 to 10 July)*
*​*

   - Residence Hall
      - Cervini Hall
      - Eliazo Hall
   - Godofredo Alingal Hall (Alingal Hall)
   -  Loyola House of Studies (LHS)
   - Arrupe International Residence (AIR)
   - Sonolux Building
   - Center for Family Ministries (CEFAM)
   - Loyola School of Theology (LST)
   - San Jose Seminary
   - Christian Life Community Center (CLC Center)

*​*
*Balara Grid (16 to 17 July)​*

   - LS PE Complex
      - College Covered Courts
      - Ateneo Rifle Pistol Team (ARPT)
      - College Athletics
   - Old Communication Building
      - Physical Education Department
      - Communication Arts Studio
   - Manila Observatory
   - Ateneo Grade School
   - Blue Eagle Gym
   - Henry Lee Irwin Theatre

​
*MISSION*

*The Ateneo de Manila University Facilities Management Team fosters a safe,
secure and sustainable environment that is highly conducive to teaching,
learning and community building.*

*VISION*

*The Ateneo de Manila University Facilities Management Team is a cohesive
team of highly competent, proactive and committed interdependent units,
collaboratively driving the University to attain world-class facilities and
services**.*

​
            ​
Please email comments to: *Arch. Michael M. Canlas* at mmcanlas at ateneo.edu