[Blueboard] ERRATUM: Appointment of Dr Benilda S Santos as Dean of the School of Humanities effective 1 June 2016

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Wed Feb 24 11:28:29 PHT 2016

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Appointment of Dr Benilda S Santos as Dean
of the School of Humanities

                                      effective 1 June 2016

​

Upon the recommendation of the Search Committee for Dean of the School of
Humanities (SOH), and with the approval of the Board, I am pleased to
announce the appointment of Dr Benilda “Beni” S Santos for a 3-year term
from 1 June 2016 to 31 May 2019.

Doc Beni, as she is fondly called, is no stranger to the Loyola Schools.
She has served the University in various capacities as program director of
the Fine Arts program, chairperson of the Filipino Department, acting dean
of the School of Humanities, and *dean of SOH in 2003-2004.*

Dr Santos takes on the deanship of the School with a clear vision for the
humanities and appreciation of the vital importance of the Aretè in the
public sphere. She is concerned about national issues, and the rootedness
of these to the role and relevance of the arts.

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I would like to thank Beni for accepting
this appointment and for her willingness and generosity to serve in this
mission.

Thank you, too, to Dr Marlu Vilches for leading the School of Humanities
these past *nine* years. We send her our prayers and best wishes as she
takes on a bigger responsibility as the incoming Vice President of the
Loyola Schools.

I would also like to thank the Search Committee for their dedication and
thorough conduct of the search process. They are:

Dr Jerry C Respeto, Chairperson

Dr Jose Mario A Diaz

Dr Marianne Rachel G Perfecto

Dr Czarina Saloma-Akpedonu