[Blueboard] New Book: The Second Plenary Council of the Philippines: Quo Vadis?

Ateneo University Press unipress at admu.edu.ph
Tue Feb 23 09:31:14 PHT 2016

*The Second Plenary Council of the Philippines: Quo Vadis?*
edited by Eric Marcelo O. Genilo, Agnes M. Brazal, and Daniel Franklin
E. Pilario

The metaphor of “burning hearts” on Pentecost day was used by Archbishop
Legaspi during the Eucharistic Celebration at the closing ceremonies of
the PCP II at the Manila Cathedral on 17 February 1991. He said that the
PCP II experience was our “new Pentecost.” Hearts were burning among the
participants and it felt like Jesus was talking to them on the road, in
that journey called PCP II.  But they also knew that is was incomplete.
Something was missing in that experience: the rest of the Christian
community who could not be in the San Carlos Seminary Complex during
those grace-filled days.  There was a realization that “only after the
proposals of the Council have taken root in the life of far-flung
communities like Tayum in Abra, Jordan in Guimaras, Banay-Banay in Davao
will our land be blessed by a New Pentecost.”

In the same spirit of a Philippines “Pentecost-in-the-making,” St.
Vincent School of Theology (SVST)-Adamson University, in commemoration
of PCP II’s twentieth anniversary, organized a nationwide conference in
2011, to revisit and reflect on its impact among our people and chart
recognizable directions for the future. This anthology of essays written
by bishops and theologians—in search for the ever dynamic movement of
the Spirit in our midst—is the fruit of this conference.  It is also the
second publication in the SVST Interdisciplinary Studies Series.
=========

*Get your copy now!**
**Php575*