[Blueboard] ACELT Workshop: "Enhancing Students’ Purposive Writing Skills: Approaches, Strategies, and Practices"

Ateneo Center for English Language Teaching [LS] acelt.soh at ateneo.edu
Tue Feb 9 13:33:31 PHT 2016

REGISTRATION still ongoing!

"Enhancing Students’ Purposive Writing Skills: Approaches, Strategies, and
Practices" on February 13, 20, 27 2016 at the Ateneo de Manila University.
(DepEd Advisory No. 26, s.2015; CHED Memorandum, Feb. 20, 2015)

How do we prepare our students to become “holistically developed Filipinos
with 21st century skills?” What do teachers need in order to equip students
with the skills that will help them succeed in their future vocations and
professions? This workshop provides a venue for learners to study and use
the language and discourse conventions of a discipline. It entails using
critical thinking skills appropriate for the discipline in the style and
language characteristic of the professional genres.

In this workshop participants will re-consider and re-vision how they teach
writing and re-position their pedagogy within academic and professional
genres. Participants will exchange ideas and engage in problem-solving
activities to enhance their knowledge about conventions of professions and
disciplines within our multilingual context. They will consider approaches,
strategies, and practices in writing instruction in order to help students
compose texts for different academic and professional audiences.

Fee: PhP 3,600.00

For more information, please call us at 4264001 ext. 5315, 4264322,
09369866003 or visit us at
http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soh/acelt/workshops-teachers