[Blueboard] (Reiteration) 9 December 2016 Affirmation/Prayer Service for Human Rights and the Nation

Vice President for Social Development [VPSD] vpsd at ateneo.edu
Thu Dec 8 14:01:59 PHT 2016

​7 December 2016

For the University community and friends,

In advance observance of International Human Rights Day on 10 December
2016, and amidst all that has come to be and all that is yet to unfold for
our country, the University community and friends are invited to
a mobilization in fervent affirmation of principles and in prayer as the
year 2016 closes. This will be in the form of a brief *Affirmation
and Prayer Service for Human Rights and the Nation**, *to be held on *Friday,
9 December 2016, *from *5:15 to 5:35 pm, *at the *Bellarmine Field *of
the *Loyola
Heights campus. *Father Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ, University President,
will lead the service.

(It will be appreciated if participants can assemble by about 5:00 pm, to
ensure the prompt start and timely end of the service.)

In this season of Advent and as Christmas draws near, when we commemorate
Christ's coming into the world as man for the salvation of mankind, let
this gathering be an occasion to reaffirm the innate value of, and our firm
adherence to, inalienable human rights, as well as to pray for justice for
all victims of human rights abuses, past and present, and for the welfare
of the country. We will come together to pray for the just and equitable
resolution of human rights issues and all other issues of concern presently
besetting the nation; for the realization of our convictions, commitments,
and truest selves in all that has been happening and will come to pass; and
for finding our places - individually and as members of a Philippine
institution of higher education - in the greater scheme of things.

*Please bring candles* for lighting as dusk settles in and the service
comes to a close.

(Immediately following the service, the Loyola Schools will hold its
scheduled Christmas fellowship with a Mass at the Church of the Gesu.
Anyone attending the Prayer Service at Bellarmine Field is welcome to join
in this celebration of the Holy Eucharist.)

Jaime G Hofileña

Vice President for Social Development
Ateneo de Manila