[Blueboard] Manila Observatory Presents "Scientific Frontiers: Serving the Peripheries in Times of Change"
Monique M. Sta. Cruz
mnqstacruz at observatory.ph
Sat Sep 19 12:12:50 PHT 2015
In its 150th year of scientific excellence in the service of faith and
society, the Manila Observatory presents an international conference
entitled ?Scientific Frontiers: Serving the Peripheries in Times of
Change? on September 25, 2015 at the Fr. Francis J. Heyden, SJ Hall
located in MO?s main building.
The goal of the conference is to underscore the importance of
milestone collaborations fostered in the pursuit of many common goals.
Sessions will situate the Philippines in the context of present global
environmental conditions and will specifically address the following
core areas of research: air quality; regional climate and extreme
weather events; upper atmosphere and solid earth dynamics for disaster
applications; and integrated risk analysis for disasters and climate
Fr. Agustin Udias, SJ, a Jesuit historian from the Universidad
Complutense in Madrid, will deliver the keynote address, to be
followed by six resource speakers:
- Dr. Fredolin Tangang, SEACLID/CORDEX Southeast Asia and the National
University of Malaysia
- Dr. George Mount, Laboratory for Atmospheric Research, Washington
- Mr. Masanobu Tsuji, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
- Dr. Akimasa Yoshikawa, International Center for Space Weather
Science and Education, Kyushu University
- Dr. Keith Groves, Institute for Scientific Research, Boston College
- Dr. Renato U. Solidum, Philippine Institute of Volcanology and
Interested participants may contact Ms. Salve Martinez at telephone
number (02) 426 5921 local 106 or via e-mail at
secretariat at observatory.ph.?
More information about the Blueboard