[Blueboard] Fr Felix Wenceslao "Chito" D Unson SJ, 78

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Fri Sep 11 11:32:37 PHT 2015

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Fr Felix Wenceslao “Chito” D Unson SJ, 78

It is with deep sadness that we inform the University community of the
passing away of Fr Chito Unson SJ, a beloved Jesuit.  Fr Chito returned to
our Creator on Wednesday morning, 9 September 2015.

​

Fr Unson entered the Society of Jesus on 30 May 1954 and was ordained a
priest on 1 May 1968. He served the University as Chaplain of the Ateneo
Grade School for almost fifteen years. As chaplain, he gave himself
generously and, thus, touched the lives of many members of the community,
especially our young boys in the Grade School. He went around the campus
riding his bike, and greeted people by their nicknames. His cheerful nature
and wide smile will be sorely missed. We thank the Lord for the gift that
was Fr Chito Unson SJ.

Fr Unson is currently being waked at the Chapel of the Holy Guardian
Angels, Ateneo de Manila University Grade School, Loyola Heights, Quezon
City. Daily masses are at 8:00pm. The funeral Mass will be on Sunday, 13
September at 2:00pm, also in the Ateneo Grade School Chapel of the Holy
Guardian Angels. Interment follows at the Sacred Heart Novitiate Cemetery,
Novaliches, QC. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Jesuit infirmary will
be appreciated.

Kindly keep Fr Chito Unson SJ, his family, and his Jesuit brothers in your
prayers.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

President

+

*Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord, that the soul of Thy servant Felix, Thy
priest, *

*whom in this life Thou didst honor with the sacred office, *

*may rejoice in the glory of heaven for evermore. *

*Through Christ our Lord.*

*Photo is from the official Ateneo de Manila Grade School Facebook page.

Office of the President
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City 1108