[Blueboard] Congratulations to One more Atenean Palanca Winner 2015!

Maria Luz C. Vilches mvilches at ateneo.edu
Thu Sep 3 15:05:08 PHT 2015

“Literature adds to reality; it does not simply describe it.  It enriches
the necessary competences that daily life requires and provides; and in
this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.”

-C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist, 1898-1963)

-----------------

The School of Humanities proudly congratulates
the following Atenean winners
of the 65th Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature.

The awarding ceremonies took place
on Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at the Peninsula Manila.

*FILIPINO DIVISION*

*ELOISA ANGELI A. PALILEO*
AB Communication 2007
1st prize, Dulang Pampelikula: *Pink o Blue*

*ABNER E. DORMIENDO*
AB Philosophy 2014
2nd prize, Tula: *Sa Antipolo pa rin ang Antipolo*

*CHRISTIAN JIL R. BENITEZ*
4 AB Literature (Filipino)
3rd prize, Tula: *Sapagkat Umiibig: Mga Tula*

*CORAZON L. SANTOS, Ph.D.*
Associate Professor, Filipino Department
3rd prize, Maikling Kuwentong Pambata: *Ang Hiling sa Punso*

*ENGLISH DIVISION*

*CHARISSE-FUSCHIA A. PADERNA*
AB Philosophy 2007
1st prize, Poetry: *An Abundance of Selves*

*ARKAYE KIERULF*
BS Chemistry 2009
2nd prize, Poetry: *There Are No Monsters*

*PATRICIA CELINA A. NGO*
3 BS Management Engineering
2nd prize, Poetry Written for Children: *Ordinary Adventures*

*ALEXIS AUGUSTO L. ABOLA*
Assistant Professor, English Department
AB Literature (English) 1990
1st prize, Short Story: *Phallic Symbols*

*RAYMOND G. FALGUI*
*AB Literature (English) 1994*
1st prize, Short Story for Children:
*Monster Rescue: A Children's Story for Adult Readers*

*MIGUEL ANTONIO N. LIZADA*
Instructor, English Department
AB Literature (English) 2007
3rd prize, Essay:* The Bangkok Masseur*

A highlight of the ceremony was the
*Gawad Dangal ng Lahi Award *
given to poet, essayist, fictionist, and editor,
*DR. GEMINO H. ABAD.  *

We are grateful for Dr. Abad's ever gracious 'yes' (with a hearty smile),
always, when we invite him to teach with us as a part-time Lecturer in the
Department of English.
Ours is the honor, Dr. Abad!  Many congratulations!

http://www.interaksyon.com/lifestyle/65th-palanca-awards-names-57-awardees-33-are-first-time-winners

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Humanities
Associate Professor, Department of English
Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone (632) 4266001, Ext. 5300, 5301
Telephone & Fax (632)4261042
http://www.ateneo.edu/soh

“In the essentials unity, in differences dialogue, and in all things
charity."

- St. John XXIII