[Blueboard] Ateneo Physics News

Quirino Jr. M. Sugon qsugon at ateneo.edu
Sat Oct 31 08:52:19 PHT 2015

EULOGY FOR FR. VICTOR BADILLO, SJ BY GENIE LORENZO

...The first time I met Fr. Badillo he was in front of a large crowd
talking about astronomy. He was inspired and inspiring. And I remember that
day each time I look up at the sky. The last time I saw Fr. Badillo he was
in a solitary room. He could not talk because there was a tube in his mouth
and he would maybe run out of breath. He nodded when I asked if he would
like to say the rosary. And we prayed together with his nurse.  I was
reminded of how small he was compared to all those monster machines around
that were sustaining whatever earthliness remained in him. This time Fr.
Badillo was inspiring me to look to heaven all around and in our lives and
gaze with all humility at all the goodness of our Lord, who was his
inspiration....

Read more:
https://ateneophysicsnews.wordpress.com/2015/10/31/eulogy-fr-victor-badillo-genie-lorenzo/

--
Dr. Quirino Sugon Jr.

Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Ateneo de Manila University
Program Manager, Upper Atmosphere Dynamics, Manila Observatory
Phone: 63-2-4266001 local 4850
http://quirinosugonjr.blogspot.com