[Blueboard] University News Update November 27, 2015

Ateneo Comm and PR commpr at ateneo.edu
Fri Nov 27 14:44:10 PHT 2015

[image: Univ-News-Update-ARIAL.png]

[image: HC header.png]

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE 2015 GRAND ALUMNI HOMECOMING WILL BE LIVESTREAMED AT
http://on-air.ateneo.edu/stream/

News

[image: Homecoming2015 thmb.jpg]

Ateneo Alumni host biggest Ateneo Party of the Year
<http://www.ateneo.edu/alumni/news/ateneo-alumni-host-biggest-ateneo-party-year>

Ateneo Alumni are invited to the biggest Ateneo Party this Year! Come
celebrate with all of the 2015 Jubilarians as they come back home.

[image: Queena Lee lecture.jpg]

Ateneo’s Dr. Queena Lee-Chua says misuse of the Internet more harmful than
technology itself
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/ateneo%E2%80%99s-dr-queena-lee-chua-says-misuse-internet-more-harmful-technology-itself>

Despite what most people think, it's not technology itself but the misuse
of gadgets and Internet that is harmful, Dr. Queena Lee-Chua says.

[image: vilches.jpg]

Vilches to become VPLS in June 2016
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/ls/news/vilches-become-vpls-june-2016>

The Loyola Schools will have a new Vice President beginning June 2016.

Features

[image: tornaviaje.jpg]

Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage visits Ateneo in Tornaviaje
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/modernlanguages/news/features/our-lady-peace-and-good-voyage-visits-ateneo-tornaviaje>

Students, staff and faculty members alike joined "Tornaviaje," a procession
of the image of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage held on November 23, 2015
at the university College Lane organized by the School of Humanities and
the Department of Modern Languages.

[image: fr. jett.jpg]

Words to say to the dark side
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/features/words-say-dark-side>

Try to make sense of the sorrows that now overshadow Paris, Beirut, the
skies of Sinai, and even the mountain refuges of our lumad, and words
inevitably fail us.

[image: tsubibo.jpg]

ASMPH student-produced film ‘Mga Kwentong Tsubibo” tackles social
determinants of health
<http://www.ateneo.edu/asmph/news/asmph-student-produced-film-%E2%80%98mga-kwentong-tsubibo%E2%80%9D-tackles-social-determinants-health>

The Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH) Batch 2019, held a
press conference and private screening for “Mga Kwentong Tsubibo,” the
medical students turned movie producers’ first advocacy film last November
7, 2015.

Research

[image: Salvador, Alma2_5.jpg]

“The threat of radicalization: Insights into the Paris attacks” - Blueboard
by Alma Maria O. Salvador
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/political-science/news/research/%E2%80%9C-threat-radicalization-insights-paris-attacks%E2%80%9D-blueboard>

One of the first questions that were asked of the Paris attacks last
November 13, 2015 was whether or not these forms of terror are likely to
happen in Southeast Asia and in the Philippines. And if so, are we prepared
to handle its aftermath?

[image: eaglewatch.jpg]

Building an inclusive economy via an inclusive financial market -
Eaglewatch by Ser Percival K. Peña-Reyes
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/economics/news/research/building-inclusive-economy-inclusive-financial-market-eaglewatch-ser>

‘BUILDING Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World” is the theme of
this week’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) Economic Leaders’
Meeting.

[image: New dates.jpg]

New Dates for the 6th National Social Entrepreneurship Conference 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/jgsom/acsent/news/research/new-dates-6th-national-social-entrepreneurship-conference-2015>

The 6th National Social Entrepreneurship Conference originally scheduled
for October 14 -15 that was postponed because of Typhoon Lando has been
rescheduled and will now take place on December 14 -15, 2015 at the Escaler
Hall of the Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights campus.

Sports

[image: swimming.jpg]

Conversations with the Ateneo Swimming Teams
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/conversations-ateneo-swimming-teams>

UAAP courtside reporter Laura Lehman interviews members of the Ateneo Men's
and Women's Swimming Team: Back-to-back Champions in UAAP Season '78.

VIDEO CONTENT

[image: open.jpg]

An Open Letter to the Ateneo Blue Eagles
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/open-letter-ateneo-blue-eagles>

I had high hopes for you guys. I really did. I first watched you guys
during the preseason, and I was amazed. I told myself, “You know what? I
think this could be our year.”

[image: belo.png]

Belo’s putback ends Ravena era
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/belo%E2%80%99s-putback-ends-ravena-era>

Throughout their University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP)
Men’s Basketball campaign, the Ateneo Blue Eagles had to fight—fight
through a rough 4-4 start to the season, fight through rumors regarding
Head Coach Bo Perasol, fight through their fair share of controversy.

[image: judo.jpg]

Blue Eagles regain UAAP judo championship
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/blue-eagles-regain-uaap-judo-championship>

After settling for second place in last season’s University Athletic
Association of the Philippines (UAAP) judo tournament, the Ateneo Blue
Eagles reclaimed the title this Season 78 by winning five gold, one silver,
and three bronze medals.

HIGHLIGHTED PAGES

Ateneo Prepares <http://www.ateneo.edu/news/ateneo-prepares>

[image: ateneoprepares.jpg]

Church of the Gesu <http://www.ateneo.edu/churchofthegesu>

[image: Screenshot 2015-11-06 13.48.29.png]

ATENEO IS HOME <http://www.ateneo.edu/ateneoishome>

[image: Screenshot 2015-08-14 13.15.19.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ateneoishome>

Featured Video

[image: Swim team interviews.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/conversations-ateneo-swimming-teams>

Other videos

[image: beat the odds.jpg]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/ateneo-task-force-2016-organizes-women-senatorial-candidates-forum>

[image: Swimming titles.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/ateneo-de-manilas-men-women-and-boys-win-triple-titles-uaap-season-78-swimming>

[image: Rody Vera lecture.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/public-lecture-awardee-rodolfo-c-vera>

Calendar

DECEMBER 2015

DEC. 5

Grand Alumni Homecoming
<http://www.ateneo.edu/events/grand-alumni-homecoming>

DEC. 14&15

A conference on promoting social entrepreneurship
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/jgsom/acsent/events/conference-promoting-social-entrepreneurship>

DEC. 15

Start of Simbanggabi masses <http://www.ateneo.edu/churchofthegesu>

DEC. 18

Deadline for applications to Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
(ASMPH) <http://www.ateneo.edu/aps/asmph/application-requirements>

 JANUARY 2016

JAN. 16

Deadline for applications to the Ateneo Law School
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/ateneo-law-school-will-accept-applications-sy2016-2017-until-jan-16-2016>