[Blueboard] NOW HIRING: ASSISTANT REGISTRAR at the School of Medicine & Public Health
Careers in Ateneo
careers.hrmod at ateneo.edu
Thu Nov 26 18:37:01 PHT 2015
School of Medicine and Public Health
Under the APS Registrar, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for driving
strategic initiatives and reforms in the AP Registrar’s Office.
· In consultation with the APS Registrar, the Assistant Registrar:
o Develops strategies/action plans and quantifiable metrics for the APS
o Sets general office direction
o Streamlines, aligns and develops registrar processes/systems/policies
o Establishes quantifiable and observable performance measures for
members of the APS Registrar’s team.
o Implements the APS Registrar’s mandates on completion credentials and
B. Administrative and Supervisory Function
· Creates standards and guidelines for the proper management and
utilization of all office assets (people, time, and property).
· Prepares the APS Registrar’s Office’s budget and oversees the finances
by monitoring patterns of spending & disbursement, and identifying cost
· Plans and provides avenues for team’s training and development in
coordination with the APS Registrar.
· Supervises APS Registrar’s Office’s staff in ensuring student database
integrity, accurate and speedy reports generation per clients’ requirements.
· Develops an atmosphere that brings about a healthy exchange of ideas
· Manages proper implementation of special projects as may be assigned
from time to time, such as, but not limited to:
o Coordinating for and contributing to office activities and/or projects
(i.e. Team Building Seminars, R & Rs, hosting of conferences, meeting and
other events, automation, encoding projects, data gathering, etc.):
o Attending/representing the APS Registrar, in his absence, in various
meetings, Committees and other similar functions:
o Providing inputs in preparation of School Calendar with the APS
Registrar and Offices of the Deans and Vice President for the Professional
o Participating in University-sponsored/endorsed activities that require
involvement of the office;
o Participating in special projects required or assigned by external
offices (within or outside the University).
C. Operations (*Document Requests, Record Keeping, Curriculum Development &
Processing, and Registration Process*)
· Designs and innovates processes, as necessary, for efficient and
effective recording, maintaining, updating, monitoring, and distribution of
all student records
· Oversees the accurate and timely delivery of document processing
and preservation service.
· Ascertains proper and timely issuance/distribution of various
requirements/documents to the proper channels and offices.
· Manages the efficient conduct of every registration process.
· Oversees the Registrar’s Management System (RMS).
· Reviews curriculum proposals.
· Ensures proper management and timely submission of Government
documentary requirements to CHED, LEB, BI and DFA.
· Attends to requests on behalf of the APS Registrar, as needed.
D. Management Information System Function
· Partners with the Information Technology Resource Management Office
(ITRMO) with regard to:
o The daily upkeep of student information systems as well as the hardware
(servers, computers, etc.) and software resources.
o The automation of processes and databases after these have been
evaluated in consultation with all stakeholders.
o Contributing to the development, testing and implementation of IT
related programs and solutions for process streamlining.
o Reviewing the performance of solutions providers of the IT needs of
the school unit and
o Recommending improvements and changes in information systems as needed.
E. Collaboration and Communication
· Partners, collaborates, and communicates with various stakeholders
regarding policies and procedures
o Stakeholders: Department/cluster chairs, and secretaries, deans’
offices and various offices, students, alumni, parents, government and
private agencies, higher education institutions, etc
· Coordinates the processes and activities of all administrative offices
and volunteer groups managing the enrollment of students.
· In cooperation with the APS Registrar, provides accurate and timely
guidance to different Departments to ensure their compliance and efficient
preparation of curriculum documentations/requirements for submission to and
approval of CHED or Legal Education Board (LEB).
F. Performs other duties and tasks as the APS Registrar deems necessary to
support the office’ business objectives.
· A college degree connected to the field of expertise at the School to
· Post-graduate units are an advantage
· With IT Management background
· At least 5 years work experience in a supervisory capacity
· Experience in the academe is an advantage
- Must have demonstrated skills in
o Office Management
o People management
o Decision making and analysis
o Attention to detail
o Computer literacy
o Communication (written and oral)
· Flexible and ability to adapt
Interested applicants must submit the following:
I. Letter of intent addressed to HR Director duly endorsed by your
· why you want to apply for the position
· why you think you are qualified for the position
· what you can contribute to the office if you were hired in this
II. Letter of Recommendation from your immediate supervisor (see
The above stated documents, along with your updated resume, must be
submitted on or before 01 December 2015 to:
Christine L. Velasco
HR Officer I
Workforce Planning and Capability Development
Office of Human Resource Management and Organization
*OHRMOD - Care, service and solutions @ work*
*Workforce Planning & Capability Development*
*Office of Human Resource Management & Organization Development*
*4266001 loc. 4158*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Letter of Recommendation Form May 2015.docx
Size: 43141 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ateneo.edu/pipermail/blueboard/attachments/20151126/949824f9/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the Blueboard