[Blueboard] TORNAVIAJE: Procession of the Image of Our Lady of Antipolo

Patrick Michael L. Capili pcapili at ateneo.edu
Tue Nov 17 17:12:15 PHT 2015

The School of Humanities and the Department of Modern Languages, in
cooperation with the Loyola Schools Office of Campus Ministry, invite you
to *TORNAVIAJE*, a procession of the image of Our Lady of Peace and Good
Voyage, in celebration of the 450th anniversary of the start and the 200th
anniversary of the end of the Manila-Acapulco Galleon Trade and the Feast
of the Immaculate Conception.  It will be on* November 23, Monday, from
4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at the College Lane.*

After an opening program at the brick road (near the jackstone sculptures),
the procession will pass along the College Lane, stopping briefly in front
of the Dela Costa Hall for a recitation of the poem *A la Vírgen María* by
Dr. José Rizal. It will end with a short cultural program at the Gonzaga
Driveway and the *Salve* inside the college chapel.

We would like to invite you to join us in the commemoration of this
important facet of our Fil-Hispanic heritage. Filipiniana attire is
encouraged but not required. Thank you very much.

​