[Blueboard] Deanship of the School of Humanities

Office of the President [OP] president at ateneo.edu
Sat Nov 14 11:09:23 PHT 2015

​[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The Loyola Schools Community

Subject            :           Deanship of the School of Humanities

As announced in my earlier memo, Dr Maria Luz Vilches is appointed Vice
President for the Loyola Schools beginning 1 June 2016. I am thus
requesting the Loyola Schools to activate the process of identifying
possible members of the search committee for dean of the School of
Humanities (SOH). I also request the SOH to already hold consultations and
school-level meetings to discuss and draw feedback on the following:

1.      The priority needs and expectations of the School

2.      The most important qualities of the Dean

3.      A list of possible candidates for the Dean

I would appreciate it if nominations to the search committee were submitted
to the Office of the President via email (president at ateneo.edu) on or
before 27 November 2015. This will give me enough time to compose the
search committee, who will consider feedback from the Loyola Schools,
conduct interviews, and submit recommendations to the President. The target
is for this search committee to finish its report by 22 January 2016, in
time for the Board meeting on 6 February 2016. A decision by the second
week of February 2016 will ensure better transition in school leadership.

Thank you.

ad majorem Dei gloriam,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

Office of the President