[Blueboard] Thank you for condolences

Cristina J. Montiel cmontiel at ateneo.edu
Thu May 14 07:02:14 PHT 2015

Dear Ateneo Community,

On behalf of my five other sisters and two brothers, thank you very much
for your loving presence, mass cards, and comforting email and text
messages, as we bade goodbye to our Dad. He was 98 years old and lived a
full life. During his prime as a medical doctor, he headed our government's
Bureau of Quarantine.

But we his children remember and thank him most for his unstoppable humor
and zest for life. He loved to dance and eat vanilla ice cream. During his
last few days in the hospital, when he couldn't sleep at nights, he still
asked to play chess, and his watcher/driver obliged, at 2 a.m.. Also toward
the end, my Dad didn't want to eat nor drink water, but would grin and
sheepishly ask for beer instead. We gave him what he wanted. My sister's
poem below expresses how much we miss our Dad.

My prayer is that I would have as full a life and as happy, accepting and
peaceful death as our Dad.

​
Love,
Tina