[Blueboard] JOB VACANCY at the School of Medicine and Public Health
Careers in Ateneo
careers.hrmod at ateneo.edu
Tue May 5 19:06:09 PHT 2015
This Job Vacancy is under the Category A of the Employee Referral Program
*OFFICE ASSISTANT V (OS V)*
School of Medicine and Public Health
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant to the Dean, the Office Staff
V assists in the preparation, implementation and monitoring/control of the
School of Medicine & Public Health's (SMPH) budget and day-to-day financial
I. Budget Management
A. Budget Preparation and Reporting
· Assists the Office of the Dean in budget preparation (i.e. in
pre-budget and main committee budget meetings, etc).
· Prepares materials and reports to be used in budget meetings.
· Writes minutes for budget meetings.
· Summarizes budget proposal.
· Photocopies and makes files of proposed budget for budget
B. Budget Implementation and Disbursement
· Attends to queries related to disbursements, check availability,
tax computation, request for ledgers etc.
· Reviews all request for Orders for a Check, petty cash content
guidelines, purchase requisition and liquidation reports originating from
· Indicates proper charge account to request for payment.
· Checks validity of payment by matching supporting documents such
as Sales Invoice, Delivery Receipts and Official Receipts.
· Checks Billing Statements to various offices and outside client.
· Approves petty cash voucher and cash advance amounting to 5,000
· Records all the expenses to designated charge account and per
offices and prepares summary of expense reports.
· Prepares yearly budget requests for the office supplies, new
equipment, minor and major office improvements
C. Budget Monitoring and Control
· Creates and/or updates ledgers for budget monitoring.
· Checks budget/fund availability of order for a check requests,
purchase requisitions and budget transfers.
· Reviews movements of DCB accounts and budgetary accounts and
prepares necessary letter to CAO for any possible adjustments of the
· Reconciles budget balance and expenses generated from CAO through
ARMS to actual and manual recording of expenses.
· Monitors supplies and equipment procurement transactions.
· Monitors cash advance liquidation, supplies and equipment
II. Day-to-Day Finances
· Reviews all requests for payments and prepares the necessary
documentation for payment requests, liquidation reports and other similar
requirements to ensure smooth and easy transactions of financial matters.
· Makes follow up on the salary payment for Faculty and all other
· Ensures that all miscellaneous income are deposited in the
School's bank account and documentation is forwarded to Bursar and Central
· Monitors income and expenses of the School.
III. Administrative Tasks: provides support services to the Office
of the Dean
· Files and safeguards office mails, facsimile messages,
confidential documents and office records.
· Attends to other tasks as may be required from time to time.
· Liaises with the OVPFT and CAO for financial and budget
requirements of the School.
· College graduate with basic knowledge in Accountancy or Financial
· At least 2 years of relevant accounting and budget management
· Knowledge of accounting processes and practices in an academic
setting is an advantage
· Budget and bookkeeping management
· Documentation and report writing
· Systematic, organized, and attentive to details
· Ability to balance multiple tasks at a given time
· Coordination skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including
building rapport with various stakeholders)
· Proficiency in use of ARMS
*Interested employee must write a letter of intent addressed to their
supervisor/unit head indicating:*
*1. **What you can contribute to the position?*
*2. **Why you want to apply for the position?*
*3. **Why you are qualified for the position?*
*The endorsed letter of intent attached with the employees updated resume
must be submitted on or before 12 May 2015.*
*Christine L. Velasco*
*HR Officer I*
*Workforce Planning and Capability Development*
* Office of Human Resource Management and Organization Development
*OHRMOD - Care, service and solutions @ work*
*Workforce Planning & Capability Development*
*Office of Human Resource Management & Organization Development*
*4266001 loc. 4158*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard