[Blueboard] Appointment of Mr Emmanuel T Fernandez as University Athletics Director

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Mon Jun 15 15:27:02 PHT 2015

        [image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Appointment of Mr Emmanuel T Fernandez as
University Athletics Director

​

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Emmanuel T Fernandez (Em) as
University Athletics Director for an initial 3-year term, from 1 June 2015
to 31 May 2018.

Em has been with the Ateneo de Manila for the past 12 years. He has served
as College Athletics Coordinator of the Loyola Schools (2002-2007) and
Assistant Director for Operations of the University Athletics Office (UAO).
He also represents the university in various athletic organizations such as
the ASEAN University Sports Council and the University Athletic Association
of the Philippines (UAAP) as Secretary-Treasurer and member of its Board of
Trustees. He graduated with a BS Management degree from the Ateneo de
Manila in 1993 and was a student-athlete himself being part of the UAAP
Seniors Baseball team.

As University Athletics Director, Em shall oversee the integration of our
various sports development programs and the promotion of home-grown
student-athletes who shall not only represent the university but hopefully
the country as well.

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I would like to thank Em for his courage
and generosity in taking on this new challenge.

As we welcome Em, we also express our heartfelt gratitude to Mr Richard N
Palou (Ricky) for his dedicated service as Director of the UAO for the past
eight years. We are grateful to him for leading the way into making Ateneo
de Manila, once again, known for forming quality student-athletes and
champion teams, notably through a five-peat basketball and historic
volleyball championships in the UAAP Seniors Division and a ten-peat
swimming championship in the Juniors Division. We also thank him for his
continued commitment to share his talents and expertise with the university
as he stays on as a consultant. Lastly, let me also take this opportunity
to congratulate Ricky and wish him all the best as he takes on a bigger
challenge as the Secretary-General of the Larong Volleyball ng Pilipinas,
Inc. (LVPI).

ad majorem Dei gloriam,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ