[Blueboard] Fr Arsenio C Jesena SJ, 75

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Mon Jun 15 11:38:44 PHT 2015

        [image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Fr Arsenio C Jesena SJ, 75

It is with deep sadness that we inform the University community of the
passing away of yet another Jesuit priest, Fr Arsenio C Jesena.  Known
fondly as Fr JJ, he returned to our Creator last Friday, the 12th of June
2015, after 75 years of mortal existence and loving service to God and
country.

Fr JJ entered the Society of Jesus in 1959 and was ordained a priest in
1970.  In the past, he served at the Campus Ministry offices of both the
Grade School and the then College of Arts and Sciences (precursor of the
Loyola Schools) of the Ateneo de Manila University.

His wake is ongoing at the Oratory of St. Ignatius, Loyola House of
Studies, Ateneo de Manila University Campus, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
Memorial masses are held there every evening at 8:00 pm.  The Funeral mass
will be held tomorrow (Tuesday) 16 June 2015 at 8:00 am at the same
venue.  Interment
follows at the cemetery at the Sacred Heart Novitiate, Novaliches, Quezon
City, immediately after the Funeral mass.

We request the Ateneo community to remember Fr JJ, his family, and his
Jesuit brothers in your prayers.

Atty Jaime G Hofileña

University Officer-in-Charge

and Vice President for Social Development