[Blueboard] University News Update August 20, 2015

Ateneo Comm and PR commpr at ateneo.edu
Thu Aug 20 14:37:00 PHT 2015

[image: Univ-News-Update-ARIAL.png]
[image: ateneoprepares.jpg]

Ateneo Prepares <http://www.ateneo.edu/news/ateneo-prepares>

News

[image: Bam Aquino.jpg]

Sen. Bam Aquino urges new graduates to 'be the loudest voices of
inspiration'
<http://www.ateneo.edu/aps/news/sen-bam-aquino-urges-new-graduates-be-loudest-voices-inspiration>

Sen. Bam Aquino delivered the commencement speech to the Ateneo Graduate
School of Business' Class of 2015  on August 9, 2015 at the Henry Lee Irwin
SJ Theatre.  Kristine Denise D. delos Reyes, MD (MBA 2015) spoke on behalf
of the new graduates.

[image: MO.jpg]

Ateneo, Manila Observatory hold forum on Laudato Si’
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/ateneo-manila-observatory-hold-forum-laudato-si%E2%80%99>

In celebration of the Manila Observatory’s 150th anniversary,  the Ateneo
de Manila University and the Manila Observatory held a forum on Laudato Si’
(Praise be to You) on Thursday, August 13, 8:30 to 11:00 AM at the Henry
Lee Irwin SJ Theatre, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon
City.

[image: Lipad.jpg]

Lipad: The ASMPH Class of 2015 Board Send-off
<http://www.ateneo.edu/aps/news/lipad-asmph-class-2015-board-send>

The Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH) community, joined
by parents and friends of the board-takers, told Batch 2015 that they are
ready for the Philippine Licensure Examinations as Pugad Agila Send-off
2015: Lipad took place last August 8, 2015.

Features

[image: JSEC Blessing Aug10'15 (1).jpg]

JSEC opens schoolyear with new services, facilities
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/jgsom/jsec/news/features/jsec-opens-schoolyear-new-services-facilities>

This schoolyear, the JGSOM Student Enterprise Center (JSEC) is expanding
its services and facilities to accommodate the growing needs of the whole
community.

[image: Calorie.jpg]

Calorie - God’s Word Today by Fr Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/features/calorie-god%E2%80%99s-word-today-fr-jose-ramon-t-villarin-sj>

That’s just a unit of energy, the calorie. It’s what we sometimes look for
in what we eat and when we want to burn off what we’ve eaten. It’s the
stuff that keeps us breathing and living, the thing in the fuel that keeps
our engines humming.

[image: AIKS.png]

2015 AKS International Korean Studies Conference
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/features/2015-aks-international-korean-studies-conference>

AIKS Associate Director Sarah Domingo Lipura was invited to this conference
to talk about the development of Korean Studies in the Philippines, and the
contribution of Ateneo de Manila University to the said endeavor.

Research

[image: ninoy.jpg]

Hindi Ka Nag-iisa: Mission, Witnessing and Solidarity - Blueboard by
Benjamin T. Tolosa, Jr.
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/research/hindi-ka-nag-iisa-mission-witnessing-and-solidarity-blueboard-benjamin-t-tolosa-jr>

On August 21 we mark the 32nd anniversary of the assassination of former
Senator Benigno S. Aquino, Jr. It has been said that commemorations create
the sense of a public past.

[image: Beja, Edsel L. Jr..jpg]

Proscribing the political dynasty - Inquirer commentary by Edsel L. Beja Jr.
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/economics/news/research/proscribing-political-dynasty-inquirer-commentary-edsel-l-beja-jr>

In his last State of the Nation Address, President Aquino called on
Congress to pass legislation banning political dynasties.

[image: hermida.jpg]

Dr. Ranilo Hermida: Complementing teaching through research
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soh/philosophy/news/research/dr-ranilo-hermida-complementing-teaching-through-research>

For 15 years now, Dr. Ranilo Hermida has been teaching Ateneans the
philosophical foundations of moral values through the works of Confucius,
Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, Immanuel Kant, and other thinkers.

Featured Video

[image: Luto Mula Sa Puso.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/ateneo-employees-volunteer-luto-mula-sa-puso>

Other videos

[image: Flood Preparedness.png]

[image: Earthquake preparedness.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/earthquake-preparedness>

[image: Fr. Ben's award.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/additional-honor-fr-ben>

[image: Screenshot 2015-06-13 09.10.40.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-coach-tai>

Calendar

[image: JS.jpg]

Application for Gr. 7 (junior high school) open until Oct. 2, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/admissions-0>

Application for Gr. 11 (senior high school) open until Sept 18, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/high-school/admissions>

Application period for Gr. 1 open until August 28, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/grade-school/admissions>

[image: Potomac.jpg]

Philippines on the Potomac: Searching for Filipino History and Culture in
Washington, DC
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soh/interdisciplinarystudies/events/philippines-potomac-searching-filipino-history-and-culture>

[image: Harvest 2015 Invitations v2.jpg]

Harvest 2015 Grand Book Launch next month at the Rizal Library
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/events/harvest-2015-grand-book-launch-next-month-rizal-library>

The Ateneo de Manila University Press in cooperation with the Rizal Library
is pleased to launch its harvest of 20 new titles on Tuesday, September 1,
2015, 4:00 in the afternoon at the 5th floor of the Rizal Library, Ateneo
de Manila University.

SEE PHOTOS FROM ATENEO’S PARTICIPATION IN THE METROWIDE SHAKE DRILL, JULY
30, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/gallery/employees-and-students-during-metrowide-shake-drill-july-30-2015>

SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM THE IGNATIAN FESTIVAL 2015’S

“LUTO MULA SA PUSO”

AUGUST 5, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/gallery/ateneo-employees-volunteer-blue-plate-feeding-program-day-1-mlq-elementary-school-aug-5-2015>

AUGUST 10, 2015
<http://www.ateneo.edu/gallery/ateneo-employees-volunteer-blue-plate-feeding-program-day-2-cainta-elementary-school-aug-10>

SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM

THE FORUM ON LAUDATO SI’ <http://www.ateneo.edu/gallery/forum-laudato-si>

AUGUST 13, 2015 <http://www.ateneo.edu/gallery/forum-laudato-si>

[image: Screenshot 2015-08-14 13.15.19.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ateneoishome>

VISIT ATENEO IS HOME <http://www.ateneo.edu/ateneoishome>

[image: promo.jpg]

FABLIOH! THE ALUMNI NEWS MAGAZINE