[Blueboard] FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2015

Compensation and Benefits [HRMOD] compben.hrmod at ateneo.edu
Thu Aug 6 14:00:27 PHT 2015

[image: Inline image 1]

TO                    :           The University Community

FROM               :           Maria Victoria T. Cortez

                                    Director

RE                    :           *FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2015*

The Office of Human Resource Management and Organization Development is
scheduling another Flu Vaccination Program for this year.

As recommended by the World Health Organization, the vaccines for use in
the 2015 influenza season contain the following:

·         A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09 – like strain
(A/California/7/2009, X-181)

·         A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2) – like strain
(A/Switzerland/9715293/2013, NIB 88)

·         B/Phuket/3073/2013 – like strain (B/Phuket/3073/2013, wild type)

However, before our office can finalize this program, we need to gather at
least five hundred (500) participants to be able to enjoy the discounted
price of Php 290.00 per shot. We need to know in advance the total number
of employees (and their dependents) who will be interested to avail of this
offer.

It may be worthwhile to mention that if you opt to get your flu shot from
an external provider, it will normally cost you between Php 470.00 to Php
600.00 per shot.  Thus, we encourage everyone to participate so that we can
all benefit from the discounted price.

Those who are interested to avail of the flu vaccine must get a clearance
from their doctor. This vaccination is not recommended for the following:

   1. Patients who are below 3 years old;
   2. Patients with known allergy to egg;
   3. Patients with known allergy to an antibiotic known as Neomycin (not
   Penicillin);
   4. Patients who have fever on the day of administration;
   5. Patients who are on their 1st trimester (or from 0 to 4 months) of
   pregnancy and those who are suspecting possible pregnancy.

If your doctor recommends this vaccination, please call Atty. Alma (loc.
4169) or Uanne (loc. 4127), on or before Friday, 14 August 2015 for
enlistment.