[Blueboard] University News Update, April 10, 2015

Juliana J. Javellana-Santos jjavellana-santos at ateneo.edu
Fri Apr 10 11:59:16 PHT 2015

[image: Screenshot 2014-09-11 10.02.00.png]

Friday, April 10, 2015         *      Featuring the latest on www.ateneo.edu
      *        Featured video
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/seniors-silent-ignatian-retreat-2015>

[image: NEWS.png]

[image: JUILLIARD.jpg]

Ateneo grad joins Juilliard composers in New York concert
<http://www.ateneo.edu/alumni/news/ateneo-grad-joins-juilliard-composers-new-york-concert>

A composition by Joshua Cerdenia Pangilinan (AB Communication 2010, minor
in Music Literature, known as Joshua Cerdenia in the music industry) is one
of the works to be played by the Juilliard Orchestra this month.

[image: brandstorm.jpg]

Ateneo students bag 2nd place at Brandstorm finals
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/news/ateneo-students-bag-2nd-place-brandstorm-finals>

A team of Communication majors from the Ateneo de Manila University bagged
the second place in the recently-held L’Oreal Brandstorm 2015 last March
26.

[image: bar.jpg]

Ateneo Law classmates land in Top 10 of 2014 Bar Exams
<http://www.ateneo.edu/law/news/ateneo-law-classmates-land-top-10-2014-bar-exams>

Christian A. Drilon and Tristan Matthew T.Delgado have a lot in common.
Not only do they share the same birth date (March 7), both initially did
not want to become lawyers. Armed with a communications degree, Delgado
originally wanted to be a journalist. Drilon, on the other hand, had a
non-nonsense motive for taking up law—he did not want to work yet.

[image: Features.png]

[image: somba.jpg]

Stirring the entrepreneurial spirit the JGSoM.BA way
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/jgsom/somba/news/features/stirring-entrepreneurial-spirit-jgsomba-way>

“Through SoM.BA, I was able to get experiences I never would have gotten
anywhere else,” says Jac Lin Yu (BS Management 2015). No, JGSoM.BA is not
an energy drink but its effect may well be akin to one—revitalizing the
mind and body. Of a future entrepreneur, that is.

[image: cutandpaste.jpg]

Cut and Paste <http://www.ateneo.edu/news/features/cut-and-paste>

One of the marvels of this computer age is cut-and-paste. I could not have
done this homily without control-x and control-v. Back in the days of
Olivetti and Remington, we only had Snopake correction fluid. Or that white
strip or correction tape we typed over to make wrong letters disappear
altogether.

[image: ryan yu.jpg]

Ryan Yu: Advocating “shared value” through service and leadership
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/ls/news/features/ryan-yu-advocating-%E2%80%9Cshared-value%E2%80%9D-through-service-and-leadership>

Taking time off after his final examinations, Ryan Yu decided to join the
Ignatian Silent Retreat for Seniors to reflect about the four years he
spent in college and the life that awaits him after graduation.

[image: Research.png]

[image: eaglewatch.jpg]

Where have all the remittances gone? - Eagle Watch by Alvin P. Ang, PhD.
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/economics/news/research/where-have-all-remittances-gone-eagle-watch-alvin-p-ang-phd>

Last week the Asian Development Bank hosted a conference on remittances for
development. The conference was attended by a number of country
representatives and companies offering new and innovative ways to
facilitate money transfers from abroad.

[image: rallonza.jpg]

Women, Armed Conflict, and Peace - Blueboard by Ma. Lourdes
Veneracion-Rallonza
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/research/women-armed-conflict-and-peace-blueboard-ma-lourdes-veneracion-rallonza>

So it is Women’s Month – a time conjured to celebrate ‘womanhood’ and
‘womanity’.  In many spaces, there had been reminders to express one’s
gratitude to the women in their lives and articulate their values to her
family, her community, and of course, to herself. My question is --- why do
we even have to be reminded?

[image: eaglewatch.jpg]

Primer on happiness - Eagle Watch by Edsel L. Beja, Ph.D.
<http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/soss/economics/news/research/primer-happiness-eagle-watch-edsel-l-beja-phd>

March 20 is International Day of Happiness. In the spirit of the occasion,
Eagle Watch devotes a column to this thing called “happiness.”

[image: Sports.png]

[image: Lady Eagles road.png]

Lady Eagles' road to the championship, an MTV
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/lady-eagles-road-championship-mtv>

An MTV of the Lady Eagles' road to dominance of the UAAP Season 77 Women's
Volleyball Championship WITH VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

[image: bonfire thmb.jpg]

Ateneo celebrates with UAAP Season 77 Champions
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/ateneo-celebrates-uaap-season-77-champions>

Come join the bonfire as Ateneo celebrates with its athletes  WITH VIDEO
HIGHLIGHTS

[image: ALE.jpg]

Congratulations to the Lady Eagles -- back to back champion in UAAP women's
volleyball
<http://www.ateneo.edu/news/sports/congratulations-lady-eagles-back-back-champion-uaap-womens-volleyball>

Congratulations to the Ateneo Lady Eagles for winning a back-to-back
championship in UAAP women's volleyball!  WITH VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

[image: Video.png]

[image: Featured video - silent retreat.png]
<http://www.ateneo.edu/video/seniors-silent-ignatian-retreat-2015>

[image: Bonfire.png] <http://www.ateneo.edu/video/3-2-1-bonfire>

More videos

[image: Bonfire video.png] <http://www.ateneo.edu/video/bonfire-321>