[Blueboard] Ateneo Physics News

Quirino Jr. M. Sugon qsugon at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 30 18:35:26 PHT 2014

This week in Ateneo Physics News:

https://ateneophysicsnews.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/eulogy-for-fr-victor-badillo-sj-by-ateneo-physics-department-chair-dr-james-simpas/

I do not think I am the best person to speak about Fr. Vic for the Manila
Observatory—but in the spirit of obedience, I will attempt to do so. I
would also like to take this opportunity then to speak on behalf of the
Physics Department, as well.
I think it may be appropriate to speak about Fr. Vic from the experiences
of the persons he worked in the Observatory. I have Genie Lorenzo (RA of
ITD) and Pope Sugon (present head of UAD) to thank for gathering the
thoughts of many whom I will try to incorporate in this sharing. As a
framework for this, allow me to use a guideline from a contemporary of Fr.
Vic, Mr. Onofre Pagsanghan—“a something to do, a someone to love, and a
tomorrow”.

https://ateneophysicsnews.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/homily-of-fr-daniel-mcnamara-sj-for-fr-victor-badillo-sjs-wake-mass/

Feast of Simon and Jude, Apostles and Saints.
We are told that we know almost nothing of Simon and Jude, except that they
were apostles- those chosen and sent by Christ- to proclaim the Good News.
It is fitting that this last wake Mass of Fr. Victor be held on their feast
day. Very little is known of him , for most of us. When I put the notice of
his death on the bulletin board of our Jesuit residence in Davao , I was
usually asked : “Who is he?”.

--
Dr. Quirino Sugon Jr.

Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Ateneo de Manila University
Program Manager, Upper Atmosphere Dynamics, Manila Observatory
Phone: 63-2-4266001 local 4850
http://quirinosugonjr.blogspot.com