[Blueboard] Open Invitation: Successful Science Journal Article Writing

Dj Andres dandres at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 27 14:28:33 PHT 2014

OPEN INVITATION

Successful Science Journal Article Writing

By

David P. Peralta, Ph.D.

Assistant Editor, ChemistryOpen & ChemMedChem
Wiley-VCH

03 Nov 2014, 3-5PM

MultiMedia Room, 2nd Floor, Rizal Library

Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City

The Skype Talk includes:

(1) Planning your paper (The first things to consider when writing and
submitting)
(2) Style basics: your friends and foes in clear, concise writing. (We'll
cover the most common rules and mistakes when writing scientific papers.)
(3) Writing your title and abstract (We will focus on just these two since
what one learns here are applicable to other parts of the paper.)
(4) Submitting your paper (Some solid tips when it comes to finally
submitting your paper)
(5) Peer review and editing (Some insights regarding peer review, referee
requests, and what an editorial office is there for)
(6) Q & A.

Free Admission but please be in the venue at 2:50.

The talk is in cooperation with the Philippine Federation of Chemistry
Societies and Wiley-VCH. This project is sponsored by the Commission on
Higher Education (CHED)

Please contact:  Ms. Grace Insik

                                            gracie_pfcs2010 at yahoo.com or
grace.insik at philippinechem.org

                                            0920-2370456

                                            426-6001 loc 5046

Djoanna Paula C. Andres
Office Staff
Office of Associate Dean for Research and Creative Work
Ateneo de Manila University
Telephone: 426 6001 local 5046
Fax: 426 5663