[Blueboard] The Lauds Series by Fr. Arnel Aquino, SJ

Dit G. Sablan esablan at admu.edu.ph
Wed Oct 8 15:02:57 PHT 2014

<http://www.jescom.ph/2014/10/the-lauds-series/>

*The Lauds Series <http://www.jescom.ph/2014/10/the-lauds-series/>*

*Fr. Arnel Aquino, SJ*, draws from the depths of his spirit with the
deftness of his hands, to make the piano speak the wordless sighing of
our hearts.He takes his own songs, and those of others, and transforms
them, making them sing the anthem of our souls, the unspeakable
yearnings of those wordless depths.

*Lauds 1*features songs as "/Pagsibol", " Anima Christi", "Panalangin sa
Pagiging Bukas-Palad"/; songs that have lifted us from sadness or have
borne us on wings of prayer.

In *Lauds 2*, Fr. Arnel takes us on journeys to Bethany and Jerusalem,
journeys of faith and healing, reminding us that there is always a time
for everything.

*Lauds 3*is also called */First Prayers/*, s we revisit the songs of our
childhood's faith, bathed in incense and memory, as we recall our first
encounters with God.

In *Lauds 4*, Fr. Arnel leads us to a lonely place to pray, where our
pain and anguish know no words, where we encounter the God of solace and
comfort and love.

*A **Lauds Christmas*, the fifth in the series, is filled with the
stirring carols and hymns we have come to know and love through the
years, brimming with the joy and peace that is Christmas.

*Lauds 6:/Be Not Afraid/*pays tribute to the music of American (St.
Louis) Jesuits that has enriched our own liturgical music, with such
songs as "/You are Near", "Here I am Lord", /and/"One Bread, One Body"/.

*Lauds 7: /Take my Hands/ *returns to the font of our childhood faith,
and revisit the songs that we sang when our lives were less complicated
and fretful.

*Lauds 8: /Hesus ng Aking Buhay/*
<http://www.jescom.ph/2013/04/now-available-lauds-8-hesus-ng-aking-buhay/>,
released in April 2013 includes some Filipino inspiring music with such
songs as "/Tinapay ng Buhay", "Unang Alay", "Hesus ng Aking Buhay"
/and/"Ito ang Araw".
/

*The complete album collection is available at Tanging Yaman outlets.
Di**scounts available for bulk purchases.  For more information, please
call 426-5971 local 113 or 112. *

//

**

//

Visit Jesuit Communications at www.jescom.ph
Like us on facebook

Dit G. Sablan
426-5971 loc. 121

"Dont wish it were easier, Wish you were BETTER
Dont wish for fewer problems, Wish for more SKILLS
Dont wish for less challenges, Wish for more WISDOM "
- Earl Shaof

---