[Blueboard] A Symposium with Chris Lowney

Dit G. Sablan esablan at admu.edu.ph
Fri Nov 28 14:43:34 PHT 2014

POPE FRANCIS has captured the world's attention with his seemingly
counterintuitive approach to leadership. From choosing to live in a
simple apartment instead of the papal palace to washing the feet of men
and women in a youth detention center, his actions contradict behavior
expected of a modern leader. Chris Lowney, a former Jesuit seminarian
turned Managing Director for JP Morgan & Co., shows how the pope's words
and deeds reveal spiritual principles that have prepared him to lead the
Church and influence our world---a rapidly-changing world that requires
leaders who value the human need for love, inspiration, and meaning.

Drawing on interviews with people who knew him as Father Jorge
Bergoglio, SJ, Lowney challenges assumptions about what it takes to be a
great leader. In so doing, he reveals the "other-centered" leadership
style of a man whose passion is to be with people rather than set apart.
Lowney offers a stirring vision of leadership to which we can all aspire
in our communities, churches, companies, and families.

*, Jesuit Communications in partnership with the Ateneo de Manila
University's **Office for Mission and Identity brings you the symposium,
POPE FRANCIS, THE LEADER, where we can have in-depth discussions with
Chris Lowney, author of the book Pope Francis: Why He Leads The Way He
Leads. Let us get to know the Pope's leadership styles and how we can
apply them in our own setting as we prepare for his visit on January 2015.*

*Join us on December 2, Tuesday, 10am at the Cardinal Sin Center in the
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University. Admission is
free. For inquiries, call 426.59.71 to 72 local 121.**
*
*
**ABOUT CHRIS LOWNEY:*
Chris Lowney, a former Jesuit, served as Managing Director at J.P.
Morgan in New York, Tokyo, Singapore, and London. A popular speaker on
issues around leadership, he is the author of the best-selling Heroic
Leadership and Heroic Living, and he has been featured in Forbes, the
Harvard Business Review, the Wall Street Journal, and FastCompany.com.
Lowney currently lives in New York where he is a consultant for the
Catholic Medical Mission Board.

Visit Jesuit Communications at www.jescom.ph
Like us on facebook

Dit G. Sablan
426-5971 loc. 121

"Dont wish it were easier, Wish you were BETTER
Dont wish for fewer problems, Wish for more SKILLS
Dont wish for less challenges, Wish for more WISDOM "
- Earl Shaof

---