[Blueboard] Notice of Strike

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Wed Nov 12 16:49:30 PHT 2014

        [image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Notice of Strike

The Ateneo de Manila Employees and Workers Union, the sole and exclusive
collective bargaining agent for all permanent employees in maintenance
service, food service, and technical service, including the office staff
that voluntarily joined the Union as members, filed a notice of strike on 5
November 2014. This means that there was a deadlock in the Collective
Bargaining Agreement negotiation process that was mediated by a conciliator
from the Department of Labor and Employment. The only remaining issue of
contention is the provision on wage increases over the next three years. I
would like to assure everyone that we will continue to meet with the Union
and work hard to achieve a resolution to this issue. Our aim is to craft an
agreement that is mutually beneficial and one that strengthens our
respective roles and responsibilities in this mission that is the Ateneo de
Manila.

I enjoin the Community to continue working cordially and harmoniously
together during this time, which is also called a “cooling off” period.
Despite our differences, we will continue to keep communication lines open
and we will always bear in mind the larger things that bind us, the values
we share in this mission, and the concern for others in everything that we
do.

I request your prayers for God to grant us the twin graces of patience and
wisdom.

amdg,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ