[Blueboard] Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or Calling-off of Work Due to Inclement Weather Conditions and Other Weather Disturbances
Vice President for Administration [VPA]
vpadmin at ateneo.edu
Tue Jul 8 13:37:45 PHT 2014
[image: Inline image 1]
Date :7 July 2014 Memo to :The University Community From :Fr. Nemesio S.
Que, SJ Vice President Subject :Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or
Calling-off of Work Due to Inclement Weather Conditions and Other Weather
With the onset of the rainy season, I wish to remind the community of the
following protocol to be followed regarding suspension of classes and/or
calling-off of work.
1. On Suspension of Classes
1. Automatic Suspension
As prescribed by the President of the Philippines through Executive Order
No. 66, s. 2012* the following shall take effect depending on the Public
Storm Warning Signal (PSWS) raised by PAGASA:
classes at the *pre-school level*, in the affected area, shall be
automatically cancelled or suspended
classes at the pre-school, *elementary and secondary levels*, in the
affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended
Signal #3 or higher
classes at pre-school, elementary, secondary, and *tertiary levels*, in the
affected area, including graduate school, shall be automatically cancelled
In the event that PAGASA does not raise a PSWS, local chief executives may
implement localized cancellation or suspension of classes.
When Automatic Suspension of Classes applies, parents, students and
not* wait for an official announcement from the University. Nevertheless,
announcements will be posted through the University’s official channels.
1. During inclement weather conditions and other weather disturbances
(e.g. intense rain, serious flooding, etc.) when Automatic
not apply, the following shall be responsible for suspending classes for
their respective units:
· AGS Headmaster - Ateneo Grade School
· AHS Principal - Ateneo High School
· AJHS Officer-in-Charge - Ateneo Junior High School
· VP for the Loyola Schools - Loyola Schools
· Respective Deans - Ateneo Professional Schools
1. The official University announcement shall be disseminated by the
University Communication and Public Relations Office (UCPRO).
· For non-automatic suspension of classes, the UCPRO will get in
touch with unit heads for proper dissemination of information.
Official forms of Announcements:
· Pre-recorded announcement in the Ateneo trunk line
(activated by the Central-Facilities Management Office in coordination with
· University InfoBoard SMS text message
· Email memo via the Blueboard mailing list
· Message on the LUXID (LED) InfoBoard
· Bulletin on the Ateneo website
· Facebook and Twitter posts via official Ateneo accounts
· Radio and TV advisories
Time of Announcements:
· First Announcement: *10 pm* the previous day; (if no announcement
is made by this time – then the)
· Next Announcement: *4:30 am* the day of the intended cancellation
1. Suspension of classes *includes* suspension of all student
1. On Calling-off of Work
1. The Vice President for Administration and/or the Human Resources
Management Office shall be responsible for Staff and
Administrators of the
Basic Education Unit, Loyola Schools and Central Administration.
1. The Vice President for the Professional Schools shall be responsible
for Staff and Administrators of the School of Law, Graduate School of
Business, School of Medicine and Public Health and School of Government.
1. Calling-off of work *includes* suspension of all non-student (e.g.
parents, faculty) activities and non-university (external clients)
1. In all instances that work has been called off, the Central-FMO
together with Unit-FMOs shall designate a skeleton force to
security and order in campus.
Again, I pray that everyone keeps safe in times when classes and work have
been called-off and remember that everyone’s safety and welfare is the
University’s utmost concern.
*Here's the link for the downloadable/printable file of this memo: *
*Executive Order No. 66, s. 2012 ( http://goo.gl/2E9vz )
Office of the VP for Administration
Ateneo de Manila University
+63 2 426 6001 ext 4030
+63 2 426 6083
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: VPA Email Header.png
Size: 13781 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ateneo.edu/pipermail/blueboard/attachments/20140708/d620f88b/attachment-0001.png
More information about the Blueboard