[Blueboard] Lecture on Persistence Modules on Commutative Ladder Quivers of Finite Type

Editha V. Bagtas ebagtas at ateneo.edu
Fri Aug 29 17:01:43 PHT 2014

The *Ateneo de Manila University*

*Mathematics Department*

cordially invites you to a talk on

*Persistence Modules on Commutative Ladder Quivers of Finite Type*

by

*Emerson G. Escolar*

*PhD Student*

*Kyushu University*

*Kyushu, Japan*

on Tuesday, September 2, 2014

4:30 - 6:00 pm at SECA 303.

*       Abstract*

In this talk, we review concepts from computational topology, starting from
homology groups to persistent homology, with a focus to topological data
analysis. We also give motivations coming from applications. Moreover, we
extend the ideas of persistence to a more general setting, particularly,
persistence modules on the so-called commutative ladder quivers. Using the
Auslander-Reiten quivers, we generalize the notion of persistence diagrams.
Finally, we discuss an algorithm for computing persistence diagrams on
commutative triple ladders.